For Those Wanting To Hire A Pick Up Cheap

FlatOut

Can't find the post about a lady (i think) wanting to find a cheap pick up to rent to move furniture.

We were in this situation on the weekend, had to move my stuff about 7 minutes away, to my new house. I contacted Budget at the airport and they wanted to take 20,000bt from my card and then deposit back when the car was returned. Now I understand deposits and guarantees, but I refused to allow them to do this. All they needed to do would be to authorise the card for the amount, NOT take it out. So I turned on my heels.

Budget were cheapest at 1410 (inc Insurance or 1110 without - an 8k excess) that I could find. After having quotes of 4200...hahahah, inc 4 men, even though I did most of it myself, I refused that one.

Popped next door to David car rental and managed to get a pickup, single cab (thankfully as my sofa is long) for 1000bt.

Not that I want to be moving again, but it works out so much cheaper for anyone needing to do this, who only has a bike and if you need help, I'm sure a few TV members will help you out :) or pay a few Thai's to lift the stuff onto the back for a few hundred.

HTH

The best way to go is ask local Thai people with a pickup, they will do all the lifting and i have found they charge a reasonable price and are happy making the extra income.

Hi

Don’t be too sure about that, years ago i moved from 3th floor and i was moving about 3 km in a single storey house, there was only 2 move in a pickup and i had 4 Thai guys, when they saw it was from 3th they would not help, i told them 500 B each they would not do it, and this was 2 hours work, call them lazy,,, up 2 u

The best way to go is ask local Thai people with a pickup, they will do all the lifting and i have found they charge a reasonable price and are happy making the extra income.

Hi

Don't be too sure about that, years ago i moved from 3th floor and i was moving about 3 km in a single storey house, there was only 2 move in a pickup and i had 4 Thai guys, when they saw it was from 3th they would not help, i told them 500 B each they would not do it, and this was 2 hours work, call them lazy,,, up 2 u

2 pickup loads from kata to chalong and they did all the carrying down 3 flights of stairs at the apartment and put everything in place in the house 1500 baht, there was 2 people and they supplied the pickup, that is a fair and reasonable price as far as i am concerned.

2 pickup loads from kata to chalong and they did all the carrying down 3 flights of stairs at the apartment and put everything in place in the house 1500 baht, there was 2 people and they supplied the pickup, that is a fair and reasonable price as far as i am concerned.

That is a good price Peter!

Maybe I go against the grain here, but I prefer to just do things myself. Then, if I drop a fridge off the side of the pick up, I know who is to blame. :)