Leonid Meteor Shower Tonight Or Did I Miss It Already?

tangcoral

It`s 2.30am here in my village 50 kilometres outside of Chiang Mai.

Was standing in my garden looking up waiting to see this heavenly extravaganza, but unfortunately the sky is 95% filled with cloud and haze. So don't think I'll bother.

I do not have much clouds,stars are up there,but none is falling.I think - it is time to sleep.

I do not have much clouds,stars are up there,but none is falling.I think - it is time to sleep.

Where are you located Fantuzi? If you're near a big city, the light pollution could make the meteor shower appear too faint to see. I hope to catch a few of them tonight here in California, but where I live the weather forecast is for rain, so I may have to drive out into the hills to see them.

Last night i went to the beach with loads of beer,spent one hour looking for a dark spot,unfortunately the sky was a bit hazy,but i saw one meteor,and my girl friend saw one too.

Gone are the days when you could see millions of stars here on K.Chang,now there are lights everywhere..

Last night i went to the beach with loads of beer,spent one hour looking for a dark spot,unfortunately the sky was a bit hazy,but i saw one meteor,and my girl friend saw one too.

Gone are the days when you could see millions of stars here on K.Chang,now there are lights everywhere..

Absolutely no luck in Bangkok, the sky clouded up completely.

Drove down the road (past the Dewa Hotel) to the beach at 0400 this morning and the shower was AWESOME!!! Best I've seen here since '03...

• 7 months later...

I just saw the most epic meteor shower!! I was standing on the super highway because my moto had run out of petrol and I saw what looked like a burning plane flying through the clouds then I saw it seperate into all these little golden pieces. It looked really low and was moving very fast and was very bright.Some other guys I was standing near saw it too. It was amazing, Like nothing Ive ever seen before in the world. I am in Chiang Rai