Retirment visa

Hi,

Please help me in the following inquiries.

I intend to retire on a year to year basis, in Hatyai, South Thailand. Where do I apply for my retirement visa ?

Have I to go to Bangkok Immigration, or Hatyai Immigration, or Penang Thai Consulate to apply personally. What is the correct procedure ?. Please help. Thank you.

???

Believe, as with any visa, you should first apply in your home country if that is possiable.  Even if you don't do the whole process there, you should be able to obtain a non-immigrant visa and then complete the process at Songkhla/Hat Yai immigration office after money transfer.  If you are in Hat Yai now am sure immigration would be happy to give you advise if you ask them.  And that would be direct from those you will be dealing with.

Fox    DO NOT arrive on a tourist visa. You MUST get a non- immigrant O class visa before entry, otherwise a one year extension is impossible.

Hi there,

I'm Kathe, I have a problem too. Anybody can give me any advise ? I have been living for a long time in Austria, but I am a thai woman who now has Austrian Citizen. I went to BKK every year to visit my parents but never stayed more than 5 weeks. This time as my husband is retired and we have more time to stay there, the problem is, i need an non immigrant visa to stay for 5 months. I think I shall get only 90 days visa here and what happen when my visa is not valid after that ? Do i have to get out of the country to get reenter visa and shall i get the same non immigrant visa for another 90 days ? Because i have already return ticket in May. I cant stay longer than that date. Anybody can give me any advices ? Thanks so much.

Kathe

I would talk with a Royal Thai Consulate in Austria as to your options.  I believe if you have any proof of your former Thai status you can receive one year entry; but check that with Consulate.  Also, if Austrian law allows duel citizenship it might be a good time to obtain a new Thai passport.  Again, your Consulate can guide you on this.  If you do not wish to talk with them perhaps other Thai (such as from a temple or restaurant) could help answer your questions with current information.

Easiest is for you both to get a multiple entry Non-Immigrant O class visain Austria. After 90 days cross a border and come back into Thailand where you will be granted another 90 day stay. ( with the multi you can do that as often as you like for one year )

Many thanks for your informations. Another question, please. Do I have to show bank account in a very high amouth of 250,000. Baht ? That sum is rediculous high. And I have to leave the country to get a visa ? ( Dont really like much to leave the country and asking for a visa at the border ).

Thanks for khun Lopburi, here in Austria, we are not allow to have both passport. I had to leave my thai passport and carry austrian one. That is bad :o

Kathe,

If you have your old Thai residency card, or an expired Thai passport (you apparently had to turn in your latest Thai passport to Austrian authorities), this should be all you need to get a one year, multiple entry visa from Thai immigration. At least this was the case with my Thai wife, who entered Thailand with a 30 day visa obtained at the airport (US passport), then went to immigration in Chiang Mai and got the one-year visa applicable to Thai nationals with non Thai passports. The cost (then) was no more than 2000 baht.

I would think any sort of proof that you're a Thai national (birth certificate, school diploma, whatever) would suffice. And Thai immigration certainly doesn't care that you now carry an Austrian passport -- you're a Thai national forever (but stay tuned. there may be a price tag on this distinction one of these days).

Good luck.

Jim Gant

Kathe,

If you have your old Thai residency card, or an expired Thai passport (you apparently had to turn in your latest Thai passport to Austrian authorities), this should be all you need to get a one year, multiple entry visa from Thai immigration. At least this was the case with my Thai wife, who entered Thailand with a 30 day visa obtained at the airport (US passport), then went to immigration in Chiang Mai and got the one-year visa applicable to Thai nationals with non Thai passports. The cost (then) was no more than 2000 baht.

I would think any sort of proof that you're a Thai national (birth certificate, school diploma, whatever) would suffice. And Thai immigration certainly doesn't care that you now carry an Austrian passport -- you're a Thai national forever (but stay tuned. there may be a price tag on this distinction one of these days).

Good luck.

Jim Gant

Thanks for you advice. Just feel like I am a Thai Wanna be..even I am a real thai..herrrrrrr

Kathe