I Phone Sync With I Tunes

puuchai299

Hi, I have an i phone 3gs synced with i tunes on my toshiba notebook, what i would like to do iff possible is move all the content from i tunes in the toshiba onto the i tunes on my samsung netbook,i'm not sure how to do this or if it is possible,as i dont want to lose all the apps videos and info already stored and synced with the toshiba and i phone,the toshiba is becoming unreliable and i fear i might lose all the info soon,any advice would be gratefully recieved, thanks.

If you don't have anything on the Samsung netbook that you need, you can just move the iTunes folder over.

Look at "My Music", inside there should be a folder called "iTunes". Copy that folder over to the "My Music" folder on the Samsung.

How you do this depends on what you have to make it happen and how big your music folder is. If you have a large enough USB stick, or an external USB hard disk, then that's the best way to get it over. Copy from Toshiba -> external USB and from external USB->Samsung. Overwrite the iTunes folder in the target destination.

You can also be cautious and instead of overwriting, rename the Samsung's folder to iTunes_old or something - they if all goes wrong you can just rename it back.

Once the iTunes folder has been copied over, start iTunes, and enter your account name and password. That would ensure everything works.

If you don't have anything on the Samsung netbook that you need, you can just move the iTunes folder over.

Look at "My Music", inside there should be a folder called "iTunes". Copy that folder over to the "My Music" folder on the Samsung.

How you do this depends on what you have to make it happen and how big your music folder is. If you have a large enough USB stick, or an external USB hard disk, then that's the best way to get it over. Copy from Toshiba -> external USB and from external USB->Samsung. Overwrite the iTunes folder in the target destination.

You can also be cautious and instead of overwriting, rename the Samsung's folder to iTunes_old or something - they if all goes wrong you can just rename it back.

Once the iTunes folder has been copied over, start iTunes, and enter your account name and password. That would ensure everything works.

Thanks for your help nikster,i did manage to change it over to the samsung,but even though copying the whole i tunes foder over it still left the music and videos music in the toshiba,so i i located them and copied them into samsung folder then imported the folders contents into i tunes,because otherwise when syncyng with the samsung to i phone it was going to remove all the i phone contents and fill it with the i tunes samsung contents,which was going to be nothing,anyway seem to have it sorted now so thanks for your help....