Feet Nibbled For 150 Baht Per Hour

orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, TV Friends,

We could hardly believe our human's eyes we were looking through as we went up to the 4th. floor of the Airport Plaza (in the back) looking for a Bangkok Bank ATM machine :

Here was a series of large fish tanks surrounded by seats : with people sitting on the seats with their feet, and part of their legs, in the fish tanks : being nibbled by small fish !

We talked to a friendly young person on the staff of the foot-fish farm (fish-fetish-foot-food-tanks ?). Only 150 baht per hour which they expect us to pay them !

We patiently explained to them in Thai that, since our Lotus Feet were extra-nutritiously special, they should be paying us 150 baht per fifteen minutes for the Grace of their Fish eating our Feet.

For reasons we cannot understand, even the explanation, to the manager of said foot-eating-parlor, that just a few sessions of nibbling our transmigrated soles would enable their fish to start doing amazing feats of synchronized swimming, as well as singing karaoke by modulating communal air-bubbles, did not convince them to beg us, on the spot, to offer our extremities to the fish, who, sensing our unique presence, had stopped eating feet and were swimming, in formation, to form a large infinity symbol while angry customers shook their fists and shouted in rage at the cessation of paid-for nibbling-services.

But, as is said, "an Horror is without Profit in his hometown mall."

best, ~o:37;

They had some of these tanks set up outside the Rimping Airport area too recently. Had quite a few people with their tootsies stuck in there. I was temporarily tempted...but then thought better of it. :)

They had some of these tanks set up outside the Rimping Airport area too recently. Had quite a few people with their tootsies stuck in there. I was temporarily tempted...but then thought better of it. :)

These places seem to be springing up all over town.

They must be suckering in a few people :D

These places seem to be springing up all over town.

They must be suckering in a few people :D

This new phenomenon started in Japan. Suppose to take off your dead skin by the fishes. Seem a good idea. Well if you don't fancy such matter, you can always use a scrapper but bear the pain.

Sounds like these establishments have been springing up all over town, in the past couple months. My teenage daughters keep me informed of the latest (fashion?). I guess next is complete immersion so the little fish can get to the hard to reach places. Not the same as the fishbowls of other times. What kind of fish do they employ. guppies or blow fish?

I have seen some of these inside the rin ping airport complex.

Anyone that participates is encouraging the use of animals being used as products for profit rather than living creatures.

I’m sure that these fish are not cared for properly or sent to the Sunny Aquatic retirement home when they’re usefulness has expired.

It`s simply animal cruelty for profit.

They have the same thing at the top of Chang Klan Road, but I think it was 300 baht for 30 minutes. It's on the 2nd floor of the building and you can have a beer and look out over the street as you get nibbled at.

lol at calling it animal cruelty. The fish get a constant supply of food that they need. It's not like they are held at gun point been forced to suck on your feet! :)

Do they change the water between customers? NO, in fact most offer communal foot baths.

So dont be surprised that you've caught a fungal infection from the warm water which has seen many a smelly, dirty feet before yours!!!

Was the rage in KL and other cities over a year ago, I think somewhat muted now as the novelty wears off and people begin to question the hygiene of sharing water baths with total strangers.

What amazed me, the booth at Central Rama III offered 15 minutes for 99 baht, or 30 min for 199. Apparently they pay the fish overtime.

We have got fish in Australia who will nibble your feet and it costs nothing. They are called white pointers. Just dangle your feet over the edge of your surfboard and sit tight. Very shortly dry skin on your feet will be the least of your problems. What a load of rubbish but good luck to the creative soul who thought of it. I just hope he put a patent out on it or maybe you can buy a franchise.

I have seen some of these inside the rin ping airport complex.

Anyone that participates is encouraging the use of animals being used as products for profit rather than living creatures.

I'm sure that these fish are not cared for properly or sent to the Sunny Aquatic retirement home when they're usefulness has expired.

It`s simply animal cruelty for profit.

You got to be joking right. :)

Do they change the water between customers? NO, in fact most offer communal foot baths.

So dont be surprised that you've caught a fungal infection from the warm water which has seen many a smelly, dirty feet before yours!!!

Was the rage in KL and other cities over a year ago, I think somewhat muted now as the novelty wears off and people begin to question the hygiene of sharing water baths with total strangers.

I've been in Chiang Mai a few days and saw this. My first thought was "interesting" but now, after reading this, my second thought is "no way"

Is there any where that offers a good pedicure sans fish?

Around the beginning of September we got a promotional flyer to go to the one across from Panthip Plaza. It was 150 Baht for about 90 minutes but now I believe it is 150 Baht for only 15 minutes. It was a little strange at first but the fish really did remove the dead skin from the feet. What amazed us the most was the large amount of young students in there who showed up without the flyer and were plunking down 300 or more Baht to sit there having their feet nibbled on while they chatted on their mobiles. I guess Chiang Mai students are given rather large allowances.

I tried it last week at BigC in Pattaya. Cost was 2 people/15 min/ 250 baht so 125 baht each! There are times when you gotta love the prices in Pattaya. :)

I think the price at The Avenue Shopping Mall was 90 baht/15min.

Anyway, they call it Dr. Fish and it was a creepy feeling as the little fish nibbled at my toes.

FYI - The cost in Japan is JPY 1,000/15min per person, which equals about 360 Baht. So if you are paying near that amount for 15min in Thailand, you are getting ripped... IMHO.

Enjoy the fish!

TheWalkingMan

Saw this at a during a weekend at a spa resort near Mae Rim about six weeks ago. Apparently, they'd just gotten the fish and the staff was really eager to show off their new attraction. They let you spend a few minutes with your hand in the tank for free. That was enough for me to say "mai daai", but plenty of Thais were paying big baht to stick their feet in the tank. I think it's the latest trend. Incidentally, the fish were really small and non-threatening, but I just didn't want to have living creatures nibbling on me in a communal tank. Besides, I'm ticklish!

I think the one in Central Airport Plaza is in fact 150 Baht for 15 minutes.

Correct. And 300 Baht for 30 minutes and 600 Baht for 60 minutes. Clearly written out on the sign

They've obviously never heard of bulk discounts (cue fat joke) or they surmise that their customers are too dumb to do basic math.

Probably both

Definitely the latest trend. These things are all over the place.

I believe it started in Kangal Turkey:

Psoriasis treatment

Kangal Spa

Funny how things catch on like this . I remember reading about it when a friend of mine was looking up info on psoriasis, that's how it first became famous , when some people said it cured them.

I suppose when the craze wears off there will be an awful lot of these released into the Ping River :)

Tried it and it was quite ticklish, later the feet felt good. Overseas they have whole body tanks, apparently good for skin diseases like psoriasis, due to an enzyme the fish release when nibbling.

Have to settle with white pointers in Australia as these, like all fresh water fish are prohibited.

My son and I went to Huay Kaew waterfall one day and sat with our feet in the water for a while.... some little guppies came up to our feet and started nibbling.... it was really weird and ticklish and FREE! But only about ten of them....that was enough really... :):D And we got to be outside for a morning and our dog enjoyed herself running around... :D