Who's Playing Modern Warfare 2 Online?

davejonesbkk

I already have several people from the sticky thread of Xbox Live gamertags added but most of them never seem to be online or they dont have MW2 yet, Im loving the special ops missions but to do them online you need to invite someone (no idea why they didnt do match making for this!!).

So perhaps everyone who is playing MW2 online can post their gamertag/profile name and what format they are playing it on, I'll start:

Easy C0mpany80 (that's a zero in 'company') - Xbox 360

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, thinking about buying this and getting my xbox on live, what's it like playing from Bangkok? Are there many games available?

I'm worried I will buy all the stuff and then there will be no decent pinged games available.

What's it like playing with Malaysians/Singapore ect?

Hope to be online VERY soon, however struggling to find a standard 360 with no mods, online play is my bag, and with the current banning spree by MS, just not worth the risk of having a brick in a week.

I was really hoping to be online for tomorrow to suprise all my kids in the UK, as I know Xmas will bring new games.

I can get a PS3 easy, but really wanted the 360 again, after a years break, I have the urge :D

Has anyone created a new live account here in Thailand? I know several people who have tried to download extra maps etc, only to be told they cannot because account was created in the UK or USA. When I mailed XBOX live, they told me it was not available here in Thailand., I know I can create an account from my UK address, but will this cause problems getting addons for COD4, GOW2 etc?

Thanks in adavance, hope to catch you online VERY soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about getting it for PC to play. Latency to Singapore shouldn't be more than 50 or 60, which should be ok enough for casual non-competitive gamers. Recently played it 4-way on my friend's 360 at a party and it was a blast.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just Found this.

Due to the increased demand for more urban warfare environments, Infinity Ward have designed a new map exclusively for the PS3. The new Map "SIAM" will take you through the destructive streets of Bangkok in a bid to oust a hard line group of terrorists. If you can complete the level and get through the terrorists barricades, you will automatically become the head of the Thai Army, as it appears they do not know what they are doing. This level is purely based on the 1980's classic "The last Starfighter" but set in Bangkok and not in space. Completing this level is tremendously hard.

The map will also become available for Multi Player once we iron out a few details including how to overcome the Friendly Fire issue.

May 15th... Infinity Ward

For anyone wondering about XBOX LIVE and playing Modern Warfare 2.

- Create a new account under a new email address from Hong Kong or Singapore.

In Modern Warfare 2, the lag is much better compared to previous games in the franchise. However, you will feel delay in bullets sometimes but it is much improved. In MW2 there are 4 bars, (1 bar being the worst which means if you shoot there will be a delay, 2 bars is the same but more reasonable, 3 bars is great and full is obviously the best). If you play with Singapore you will get either 3 bars or sometimes 4 bars for sure. With some parts of Japan and Korea you will be able to get 3 bars. With California you can get maximum 2 bars from experience, and other cities on the west coast.

For getting addons for MODERN WARFARE 2 you can still get them if you are under a UK/US/Hong Kong gamertag. However, last year there were issues with WORLD AT WAR because they banned it in our region, therefore there's nothing we can do. But for mW2 you're safe.