Htc Hero Android

tok

Not sure if this is the right place to say this, but I have a HTC Hero, black T-mobile version, only 1 month old available for a reasonable offer if anyone is interested. Its unlocked and rooted.

regards

chris

Define rooted.

Here is a definition of root ( link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=513061)

Root (as in access)- root is like the administrator account on a windows machine (also referred to as su, or superuser). It allows you to have complete access to the underlying OS of a linux or *nix based machine. For the G1, it allows for the use of themes, native backup functionality, manually selecting which apps can utilize root access, auto-rotate screen, multi-touch in browser, moving applications/caches to the sd card etc...

For the Hero it is quite a complex procedure, requiring reasonable technical skills.

For some (power) users this is important extra functionality, but for most users it is not so important. Although my Hero has root, I can easily remove root and reset back to the default T-Mobile settings, which will also bring back all the T-Mobile branding and apps.

One further thing, having root has allowed me to add the thai fonts, so the phone can display thai correctly, there is also a thai dictionary and keyboard.

If you want further information PM me.

Regards

Chris

Edited by tok