Taxi From Airport To Ban Phe

intrepidtraveller

I'd guess roughly 1500-2000 baht (for a regular taxi - not one of the shuttle company taxis that charge more). It really depends on your negotiating skills. If they know you're a tourist and you don't speak any Thai, you probably won't get as good of a deal as someone who knows how to negotiate in Thai. I've heard people say they got a taxi for 1200 baht from Bangkok, but I've never gotten that deal. Of course, I don't hassle that much, so that might explain things a little! :)

There will probably be a fixed price for Ban Phe. If you go to the desk for the normal taxis and tell them where you want to go they'll give you the price there and should write it on the ticket they give to the driver. Ratchaburi, which is further I think, is about 1400b plus the toll charges. I think they have the destinations tarrif in Engllsh as well.

Ban Phe - BKK = 200km. At roufly 10km/litre of fuel this is about 20 litres. Or about 600bt

If you consider the driver's money, car depreciation, maintenance, insurance etc. - anything less than 1500bt is simply taking advantage of poor sod. Got it?

This is only true for a taxi from Ban Phe. If the driver lives in BKK, - double this, as he never will find a fare back.

Now, the OP mentioned there are two of them. Assuming you split the fare, what is a 1000bt each? ... 30USD? 20quid? 15 euro?

Stop taking advantage of poor folk, ar-ehole. Have you no shame?