Help With Gaining Re-entry Permit

Hi,

I previously lived in Thailand on several Non O multiple entry visas.

I was doing volunteer "work"

But in the last year I switched over to paid work, therefore I obtained a Non B & a work permit.

about 6 weeks ago I went to the Imm office here in Korat for my 90 day notification. Painless except for the fact they moved the office here in Korat.

In about 2 weeks I'm going back home to Oz for 2 months. As far as I can tell gaining a re-entry permit is quite easy, I have the form printed out ready to fill-in.

What I'm not sure about is the fact I'm going away for 2 months but my next 90 notification will be up while I'm away.

My Work Permit states I can get extension of stays up to May 2010. So I still have a valid visa and WP, but how does the re-entry permit work?

Will I be able to go out for 2 months as planned, and then on arrival what do I get? stamped 90 days from arrival?

I'll be rather upset if I have to get a new visa and WP because of my trip home.

Thanks very much for your help

Edited by AlbinoAsian

The important date is the expiration date of your current extension of stay. The re-entry permit will be valid for a return journey to Thailand until that date. If your return trip to Thailand is after the expiration of your current extension of stay you must get a new extension first, then the re-entry permit.

Your next 90-day address report will be due 90 days after your return to Thailand.

--

Maestro

The important date is the expiration date of your current extension of stay. The re-entry permit will be valid for a return journey to Thailand until that date. If your return trip to Thailand is after the expiration of your current extension of stay you must get a new extension first, then the re-entry permit.

Your next 90-day address report will be due 90 days after your return to Thailand.

--

Maestro

OK thank you very much, my extension of stay is valid until mid May. Then at that point what would be required to do to renew my non-B and work permit? Is a fairly painless process?