What Route Are These Planes?

phibunmike

I am in Phibum Mangsahan, Ubon Ratchathani, at about 15 deg 16 min N, 105 deg 18 min E.

Several times a day commercial airliners fly on a more-or-less East-West route, which seems to be a corridor slightly north of my house. They are too high to see any markings. I can hear the lower ones, but not the higher ones.

Are there maps online showing such corridors? I know shipping lanes are shown on charts, is there an equivalent for commercial aircraft?

I am just curious to know where they are going to and coming from.

Cheers,

Mike

If you google Thailand vor you will come upon a site listing air navagation aids in Thailand. Using the position of these may enable you to plot flight paths. I would post the link but ...

I found the list, thanks, but turning it into a map is more effort than my interest at the moment... maybe when I have nothing to do...

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the reply Namoo.

Hanoi is pretty much north of me, Saigon SSE, and HK north-east. I thought Manila might be more likely?

I can only speak for Thai flights, but their Manila flight is routed over northern Cambodia direct to Bangkok, and well south of you.

There is a main corridor to the north of you that carries all the Thai Air traffic from Osaka, Tokyo and Nagoya, and routes carry them south of Taiwan. Taipei flights pass further north than Ubpon usually.

Thanks for the reply Namoo.

Hanoi is pretty much north of me, Saigon SSE, and HK north-east. I thought Manila might be more likely?

I can only speak for Thai flights, but their Manila flight is routed over northern Cambodia direct to Bangkok, and well south of you.

There is a main corridor to the north of you that carries all the Thai Air traffic from Osaka, Tokyo and Nagoya, and routes carry them south of Taiwan. Taipei flights pass further north than Ubpon usually.

I run an acarsd (google it) web site here in Thailand which will give you the information you want in realtime on this link. Wait for it to get the data when the web page arrives. There is a realtime google map when the planes are spitting out their realtime positions which is few and far between of late.

The information is live from the aircrafts acars system like this example captured a few minutes ago.

Aircraft Registration: B-2381

Aircraft Type: (79C002) [A340-313 (X)] Aircraft Maker: Airbus

Airline: China Eastern

ACARS mode: 2

Message label: 11 [Present position report] Block id: 6 Msg no: M05A

Flight id: MU0542 [China Eastern]

Route: From: BKK To: = [suvarnabhumi, Thailand, Thailand- via Shanghai, Pu Dong, China]

Message content:-

POS

CAS 158,LAT N 13.749,LON E100.777,ALT 2122,UTC 113029

----------------------------------------------------------[ 21/11/2009 18:28 ]-

162 contacts with this aircraft. First contact: 27/03/2009 00:39 as flight MU0547