Chiang Rai Flower Festival

pomchop

It is going to be located along the Kok River but not at Haad Chiang Rai. This year, the event will be held near Tessaban 6 school, behind the military boot camp. In case you do not know where this is, it is along that alternative road to the Chiang Rai international airport behind the Chiang Rai sports stadium.

It`s been held there before and the traffic problems are just as bad. Everyone parks at the new wide section of road just before the Mae Fah Luang bridge. Don`t park your car there or it will get jammed in. they like to park 3 deep. Even with the handbrakes off it`s still a nightmare to get your car out. Lucky for me I live just on the other side of the bridge so we can swim over. Unlucky for me, we can`t really take the car anywhere without going thru Bahn Mai. Even then it`s still extremely busy.

I must admit though, it doesn`t really bother me that much. It`s all part of Chiang Rai life, 3-4 days a year.

When it was held at Pattaya Noi we were able to go by boat from the Rimkok boat stop. 20B per person each way. It would be a good idea for this way of getting there to be reversed this year. Not sure if they will though.

Best advice I can give is, if you don`t mind a 10-15 minute walk, park up near the police station or thereabouts and walk. You`ll save your self a fair bit of time and frustration :D , rather than sitting in your car going nowhere.

Regards,C35B :D

P.S. Back next week :D:)

It`s been held there before and the traffic problems are just as bad. Everyone parks at the new wide section of road just before the Mae Fah Luang bridge. Don`t park your car there or it will get jammed in. they like to park 3 deep. Even with the handbrakes off it`s still a nightmare to get your car out. Lucky for me I live just on the other side of the bridge so we can swim over. Unlucky for me, we can`t really take the car anywhere without going thru Bahn Mai. Even then it`s still extremely busy.

I must admit though, it doesn`t really bother me that much. It`s all part of Chiang Rai life, 3-4 days a year.

When it was held at Pattaya Noi we were able to go by boat from the Rimkok boat stop. 20B per person each way. It would be a good idea for this way of getting there to be reversed this year. Not sure if they will though.

Best advice I can give is, if you don`t mind a 10-15 minute walk, park up near the police station or thereabouts and walk. You`ll save your self a fair bit of time and frustration :D , rather than sitting in your car going nowhere.

Regards,C35B :D

P.S. Back next week :D:)

Mae Fah Luang Bridge or near Tessaban 6 School behind the Stadium. WHICH????? not the same location at all.

I will ask someone I know who was involved with organising the car parks last year. When I know more I'll post it.

I've just called the person in the know and IT IS going to be located NEAR TESSABAN 6, roughly behind the Chiang Rai Stadium, and the secondary route to the Airport.

A very good thing not near Mae Fah Luang Bridge as I agree the parking would be terrible. So let's pray for anyone living near Tess 6!

I take my son to Tessaban 6 everyday and see the work going on at the site where the flower festival will be held. There are not too many people living around that area. The more populated area is that soi on the left hand side of the road (southern bank) when heading from the Sports Stadium to the Chiang Rai International AP. The right hand side is mostly vacant area. On the Northern side of the river is Tessaban 6 and the Military boot camp.

I've just called the person in the know and IT IS going to be located NEAR TESSABAN 6, roughly behind the Chiang Rai Stadium, and the secondary route to the Airport.

A very good thing not near Mae Fah Luang Bridge as I agree the parking would be terrible. So let's pray for anyone living near Tess 6!

I know it's early January, went last year. Anyone know the actual dates?

Thank You

Last year it was Dec 27 to Jan 3 or something close to that....I think same same re dates this year.

Thank You

I just saw the banners posted downtown CR today...the official dates of the flower festival this year are Dec 26 to Jan 4....enjoy....

• 3 weeks later...