Non-o Multi Entry - Proof Of Address

Hi,

Hopefully this is a quick and easy one:

My current rental agreement is in my name, with my wife named as an additional occupier. I've been able to get a non-O multi-entry in Penang the last two years by using the rental agreement, my wife's ID and tabien bahn, and that's about it.

We're looking at moving to a new place and the owner has said that it might be a problem to make the rental agreement in my name. It might work out, but the owner needs to 'speak to sister' first so her sister might say something that makes her not want to make the agreement in my name.

What's the actual visa requirement for this? Must it be in my name, or can I be named as an additional occupier?

Cheers,

Mark...

I have not seen any requirement for a rental agreement for visa issue but Penang often does not issue multi entry so it might be important to them for your case. KL will issue but wants to see a bank account with about 100k in it (although that is not firm and those without have received). Can you meet extension of stay requirements from Immigration? Understand easy to make border runs so you may not have considered it.

I have not seen any requirement for a rental agreement for visa issue but Penang often does not issue multi entry

It's more for proof of address I think. But what you say about Penang is a little worrying. I'll see if the agent are reporting any problems.

Can you meet extension of stay requirements from Immigration?

I could make the deposit in the Thai bank account, though 400k would be a big chunk of my capital to bring into Thailand. It is a possibility I could look at again though.

Thanks for the advice and the prompt reply!

Mark...

Not wishing to hijack the thread, but, on reading it i have detected a problem i might have when i finaly get to Thailand, with a view to a long stay in early 2010.

Quite simply, i wont have any proof of residency/address for any Non-Immigrant Visa application (whether thats for an O, or an O-A.)

I wont be buying a place, or renting one, either, and have no intention of doing so. I will just be living in the house of a Thai family. No utilities will be in my name, nor will i have any rent book, or ownership titles of any kind to show whoever might want to see them for the purpose of issing, or extending the visa.

I must admit to not hearing of this need to prove address before.

Penkoprod

There is no such requirement for visa issue. You mention OA and that is retirement but you get that only in your home country so no address in Thailand is even needed - same would be true of a non immigrant O visa. A local issued O visa would likely only be single entry (you extend for retirement at Immigration) and no address would be required. When you extend your stay you will need an address but owner of property can easily verify that if required.

There is no such requirement for visa issue. You mention OA and that is retirement but you get that only in your home country so no address in Thailand is even needed - same would be true of a non immigrant O visa. A local issued O visa would likely only be single entry (you extend for retirement at Immigration) and no address would be required. When you extend your stay you will need an address but owner of property can easily verify that if required.

Thanks for the quick and consice answer

One last thing, though...how is this address easily verified by owner.

And it was the (unmentioned by me :) ) extensions i was concerned about, and not the actual application

Penkoprod