Car With Singaporean Plates For Sale In Thailand

ThaiSunshine

Just seached all the topics about Import Duty of 2nd hand cars.

Today my wife saw an advert about a car for sale.

This car has number plates from Singapore but it is already in Thailand.

The price was very cheap....She emailed the seller and asked why it was so cheap.

He said that he had not paid the import duty but also told her that "practically nothing disturbs to drive without it"....

In other words he told her that she could drive using the Singaporean number plates without paying duty....

But of course this is illegal....and I told my wife if she want it, then she must pay the import duty....but after searching all the topics I found some info saying that you have to apply for importing a car even you are Thai national.

But I can't find any info about the duty percentage....

Does anyone know?

Or do you know a phone number where we can call the relevant import duty office??

I guess it's a Swedish car. I called them too. It's not legal to drive it in LOS permanently, You have to leave the country every 3 months. Car comes usualy with the person and when the person moves out from the country, the car has to move out too. If the owner not move the car out within the period, mention in the papers, the owner have to pay a huge penalty. Idon't know haw he gonna handle this. Of course car could be reported as stolen, so he can't bring the car back t Singapore and if the car has "overstay", they gonna confiscate it anyway and you could face a court case. Be careful!