Mobile Telephone Text Nightmare

syd barrett

It all started on the morning of Monday 23rd November 2009. I received an early morning phonecall and I did not recognise the number but answered the call.

There was an automated female voice who was speaking in Thai. I hung up.

Then about one hour later, and ever since I have been bombarded with text messages. In the last 24 hours I have received approximately 50-80 messages, they are all in gibberish (because my phone is set to English language) but all name the sender as: INN-POL. Every message appears to cost me 2.14 baht.

I have tried sending STOP but that was no good, perhaps I have to send that instruction in Thai?

This is an absolute nightmare for me, because it looks like I will have to change my 12call SIM card and this will be a major headache because I will have to inform so many people and change business cards, stationery etc. etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what I might do?

Google finds this Thai sms site which it appears may have signed you up.

http://www.innnews.co.th/sms.htm

Suspect you have political news and the number to stop depends on your provider but it listed on the site - I would also call your provider and tell them you never agreed to this service.

I am 12Call AIS but I don't know which service I am signed up for, is the second number the unsubscribe from your link?

Interestingly this exact thing happened to my thai gf & she contacted both AIS, as well as a series of other numbers provided to her and she was never able to stop the SMS's.....In the end she gave up after having spoken to more than a dozen different people with a dozen different stories, in the end she binned the SIM card and went and got a new number.

Following that she then had to update everyone with the new number but joked it was much easier to do it that way that 'bounce' around in the other situation.

I've gotten to the point with these things that I dont answer numbers that I don't recognise anymore.

Interestingly this exact thing happened to my thai gf & she contacted both AIS, as well as a series of other numbers provided to her and she was never able to stop the SMS's.....In the end she gave up after having spoken to more than a dozen different people with a dozen different stories, in the end she binned the SIM card and went and got a new number.

Following that she then had to update everyone with the new number but joked it was much easier to do it that way that 'bounce' around in the other situation.

I've gotten to the point with these things that I dont answer numbers that I don't recognise anymore.

You are correct. The MS message nightmare continues. Now I am getting messages from INN-HOT as well as INN-POL. I tried using the cancel requests but had no success.

This is driving me insane.

I didn't get the political messages, but I got a few per day, no idea what they were for. Called AIS and told them to stop all messages, period, and they went away.

However, I just got another AIS message yesterday, I think it's advertising some AIS service. I am ready to go to True and goodbye AIS.

Edited by nikster

I'm not getting it.

Call AIS at 1175. Push the proper button for an English operator (who will speak proper English), explain and they will cancel it in no time for you.

I don't like the AIS and the empire behind it much, but one thing they have worked out is how to give proper customer service at their call center.

You are correct. The MS message nightmare continues. Now I am getting messages from INN-HOT as well as INN-POL. I tried using the cancel requests but had no success.

This is driving me insane.

Yeah, nd no tell fibs. As I said, scrap your number and sim card and start again. Sure you will have to contact a few people to update, but that will be much easier. Your banging your head on the thai wall again syd.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Deactivate the SMS messages in second. Calls are to an automated line that lasts approx 15 seconds, wait for call to end and you are unsubscribed from the service with immediate effect.

To Stop INN-HOT SMS Call Automated line

1-2-call *452233399

DTAC *751212

TRUE *452233399

To Stop INN-POL SMS Call Automated line

1-2-call *452244499

DTAC *751222

TRUE *452244499

To Stop INN-BIZ SMS Call Automated line

1-2-call *452255599

DTAC *76172

TRUE *452255599

There is also a further 4 different types of INN-Nes that are as follows.....

INN-Sport, INN-Dara, INN-LUK & INN-Muslim, These do not seem to be the main annoyance and rarely received, however, these too can be turned off via call numbers.

• 2 months later...

Deactivate the SMS messages in second. Calls are to an automated line that lasts approx 15 seconds, wait for call to end and you are unsubscribed from the service with immediate effect.

To Stop INN-HOT SMS Call Automated line

1-2-call *452233399

DTAC *751212

TRUE *452233399

To Stop INN-POL SMS Call Automated line

1-2-call *452244499

DTAC *751222

TRUE *452244499

To Stop INN-BIZ SMS Call Automated line

1-2-call *452255599

DTAC *76172

TRUE *452255599

There is also a further 4 different types of INN-Nes that are as follows.....

INN-Sport, INN-Dara, INN-LUK & INN-Muslim, These do not seem to be the main annoyance and rarely received, however, these too can be turned off via call numbers.

Thanks very much for that, that seemed to do it!

After an unknown number called and offered some news service that she declined, my gf was getting texts from INN-BIZ and INN-POL every 5 or 10 mins starting at 6am every single day. We called AIS and they said they would stop them in 7 days, but about 15 days later they were still coming through thicker and faster than before.

As per your advice, a call to the appropriate automated lines seems to have stopped them for the last couple of days.

Cheers.