What Does A Farang Think?

siamesekitty

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come along now, lets be honest, either all the people who have answered this thread already are bent or there not being honest!

Pretty girl smiles @ you out of the blue, first thing that would cross my mind.. "This girl wants a good hammerin" :o

...Let's exclude the bar girls, the elite, and the laborers, as well as the supermodel-beautiful or horse-faced uglies.

I will think this must be a "Mea farang" allready... and she sure can read my thoughts :o

Regards, Patex

I usually don't think about it at all. In most cases, they are just being friendly and smiling at you the same as they would anyone else (farang or otherwise).

I usually smile when I meet someone, (unless I know them, then it's either a leer, sneer or snarl :o ) it doesn't mean I'm after them for something nefarious ! (Ha, look that up in the dictionary !)

Of course, there were a couple of "Thai girl generalizations" but that was to be expected and I was actually surprised there weren't more, considering the numerous posts of that nature on this forum.  :o

Are you even remotely suggesting there is no basis in what you refer to as "Thai girl generalizations".

With some 1MM prostitutes (20% of the population) that seems like one response one could have anticipated. Enough with the foolish political correctness and the shameless denial the facts.

It is 2005 and the earth is round, even in Thailand.

Of course, there were a couple of "Thai girl generalizations" but that was to be expected and I was actually surprised there weren't more, considering the numerous posts of that nature on this forum.  :o

Are you even remotely suggesting there is no basis in what you refer to as "Thai girl generalizations".

With some 1MM prostitutes (20% of the population) that seems like one response one could have anticipated. Enough with the foolish political correctness and the shameless denial the facts.

20% of the population of Thailand are prostitutes?

20% of the population of Thailand are prostitutes?

With a population of 60+ million, 20% seems a high figure.

That seems like a very high % Khun larry, was that a factual comment or off the top of the head? I guess with the amount of local Thai men using massage palours, prostitutes, that most foreigners will know very little of, it is possible but still? :o

When i get greeted by a genuine friendly smile from the average Thai lady it warms the cockles of me heart, tis true. I love that open freindly smile, i do not read anything more into it than is offered, a happy face!

If she is a beautiful Thai lady then same same, but i might dribble a little.

That seems like a very high % Khun larry, was that a factual comment or off the top of the head? I guess with the amount of local Thai men using massage palours, prostitutes, that most foreigners will know very little of, it is possible but still? :D

I got the 1MM from the BKK post and the Nation last year which reported the source in the Thai govt. Actually the number was somewhere over 900,000 and was reported as conservative estimate so I rounded it to an even mil.

The percent is a direct calculation, assuming a "10 year career" :o

I got the 1MM from the BKK post and the Nation last year which reported the source in the Thai govt. Actually the number was somewhere over 900,000 and  was reported as conservative estimate so I rounded it to an even mil. 

The percent is a direct calculation, assuming a "10 year career"  :o

I think there must be some double counting here and there cause sometimes I see different women wearing the same number :D

That seems like a very high % Khun larry, was that a factual comment or off the top of the head? I guess with the amount of local Thai men using massage palours, prostitutes, that most foreigners will know very little of, it is possible but still? :D

I got the 1MM from the BKK post and the Nation last year which reported the source in the Thai govt. Actually the number was somewhere over 900,000 and was reported as conservative estimate so I rounded it to an even mil.

1 million prostitutes isn't 20% of the pop. K L.

Of course some work at it for ten years but others stop work as well, so the figure should stay the same.

So closer to 1.5%?

1 million prostitutes isn't 20% of the pop. K L.

Of course some work at it for ten years but others stop work as well, so the figure should stay the same.

So closer to 1.5%?

Yes, if you count every man, woman and child your percentage is correct.

If you take only the women age 18 - 28, 10 years, there are about 5MM women in this age group. Most of the prostitutes are probably in this age group as well.

So 1MM / 5MM = 1 in 5 = 20%

Probably lower up country, higher in BKK, higher still in Pattaya. Overall 20%

I might add that statistics have a world of their own. One time I heard about of a kid who drowned in a lake with an average depth of 18 inches. Lot of good that did him.

Can we bring this thread back on topic please...

The threads about "What does a farang think when a thai girl smiles at him" and not "percentages of the population in dubious trades"

thanks guys.

When I was in second grade, the teacher was teaching us how to write simple poems... roses are red, violets are blue, etc. My poem was;

A smile is like an echo,

See what it can do.

Give it out to someone,

And they give it back to you.

I've found this to be true, and one of the rules I live by. I'm a fairly happy person 99% of the time, and usually have a smile on my face. Lots of Thai people have commented on my smile... I've been called Yim Dee, Yim Siam, etc.

Sometimes it is a little game for me. Offer a smile and see what happens. Almost never fails to light up a Thai face. Singaporeans are no fun in this game- they get self-conscious like they have food on their shirt, open zipper or something else.

So- when a Thai woman smiles at me I think that she is probably responding to the smile on my face like any other Thai, and that is one of the biggest reasons I love Thai people and Thailand, land of smiles so much.

:o

When I was in second grade, the teacher was teaching us how to write simple poems... roses are red, violets are blue, etc. My poem was;

A smile is like an echo,

See what it can do.

Give it out to someone,

And they give it back to you.

I've found this to be true, and one of the rules I live by. I'm a fairly happy person 99% of the time, and usually have a smile on my face. Lots of Thai people have commented on my smile... I've been called Yim Dee, Yim Siam, etc.

Sometimes it is a little game for me. Offer a smile and see what happens. Almost never fails to light up a Thai face. Singaporeans are no fun in this game- they get self-conscious like they have food on their shirt, open zipper or something else.

So- when a Thai woman smiles at me I think that she is probably responding to the smile on my face like any other Thai, and that is one of the biggest reasons I love Thai people and Thailand, land of smiles so much.

:o

Nice one. Made me smile.