What Does A Farang Think?

siamesekitty

I think "what a beautiful smile". Then wait until she passes and try not to be too obvious when checking out her bum.

Ditto- that sneaky checking out her bum and legs, then forgetting about it and moving on down Sukhumvit with a smile on your face :D

Its great for ones ego no matter how old/fat/bald/ugly you happen to be, and I happen to fall into a lot of those categories unfortunatly :o

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "what a beautiful smile". Then wait until she passes and try not to be too obvious when checking out her bum.

lets face it being smiled at by attractive women is one of life's pleasures... god the women in London are so bloody miserable... WHY OH WHY do they all assume that a bloke smiling at them must be a pervert?

lets face it being smiled at by attractive women is one of life's pleasures... god the women in London are so bloody miserable... WHY OH WHY do they all assume that a bloke smiling at them must be a pervert?

Cos in london, most of them are :o

forget smiles...if a woman in the UK catches you looking at her tits or bum she becomes positively murderous...

forget smiles...if a woman in the UK catches you looking at her tits or bum she becomes positively murderous...

Strange , the last 4 that I letched at this morning were quite okay with it.

But then , I work in Newbury.................................... :D

And I'm their Boss....... :o

I see the topic has now evolved to be "How do I make a move?" :D

Anyway, I'm relieved that not too many guys will mistake a simple smile as a "come get me", though I am kinda suspicious that you're not being totally honest. :D Or maybe those of you who have other ideas are afraid of being flamed? :D

I sometimes wonder what to do in the case that I am a bit interested in someone? Thai girls (at least "good" Thai girls as society tries to mold us) are not supposed to be picking up strangers wherever we go. Would you guys think we're shameless flirts if we try to strike up a conversation with you? :o

I see the topic has now evolved to be "How do I make a move?"  :D

Anyway, I'm relieved that not too many guys will mistake a simple smile as a "come get me", though I am kinda suspicious that you're not being totally honest. :D  Or maybe those of you who have other ideas are afraid of being flamed?  :D

I sometimes wonder what to do in the case that I am a bit interested in someone? Thai girls (at least "good" Thai girls as society tries to mold us) are not supposed to be picking up strangers wherever we go. Would you guys think we're shameless flirts if we try to strike up a conversation with you?  :o

No we hope that you were a flirt, I have no idea why a Thai girl would smile at me I know I enjoy it and thats enough

If it's after dark on Suk Av, or-

Any hour of the day in Pattaya I default to:

"I think "Please let her be an orphan""

But for the most part, after visiting Thailand for enough years now I have come to appreciate the open friendly treatment that is part of the charm and beauty of this wonderful country. Just a small part of the reason I plan to spend the rest of my life here.

A resounding vote for:

" I Love This Country!"

~WISteve

I think about 90% of the things you say go through most of our minds, some different than others, ducky. We all fantasice about this being the one we have searched for all our lives, usually to be rudely awakened.

I've always envied the people who have found a true soul mate, never having any inclinations to stray. ( do they really exist? )

Is a Thai smile a ' come on'. Maybe they just suffer from wind, eating all this spicy food. I would like to think it's a, ' hey there, handsome, why don't you chat to me?' When I look in the mirror, I honestly don't believe that, So in the meantime, I'll just keep plodding along on my lonesome. Well, sometimes. :o

I find that the best way to enqurage a girl to speak to you is to surprise her with something she does not expect to hear. Then you become something mysteriuos she needs to find out what is.

Girls are quite querious by nature i think.

:o

I usually don't think about it at all. In most cases, they are just being friendly and smiling at you the same as they would anyone else (farang or otherwise).

I usually smile when I meet someone, (unless I know them, then it's either a leer, sneer or snarl  :o ) it doesn't mean I'm after them for something nefarious ! (Ha, look that up in the dictionary !)

This is the closest to the truth I've read in this thread to date.

I work for a company that has over 1000 Thai employees, and 30% or maybe more are female.

The smile is given (and received and returned) by everyone... and there are no nefarious connotations.

Of course, as in the western world, if attention is wanted, a special smile combined with a bit of body language can convey an entirely different message. This is certainly not unique to Thailand.

I'm usually thinking one of the following....

"She's a nice friendly girl"

"If only I wasn't married...."

"If only I wasn't married AND 15 years younger"

I love it when any girl smiles at me but I take it as a smile & no more...

• 2 years later...
Hi all,

With all these threads about Thai girls - uni girls, bar girls, farang-scamming girls, etc.. and the varying opinions on them, I just wonder, what does a farang guy think when the average Thai girl smiles at him? Let's exclude the bar girls, the elite, and the laborers, as well as the supermodel-beautiful or horse-faced uglies. Just the okay-looking, kinda cute maybe, middle-class ladies that have 9-to-5 jobs (it's usually 9-to-6 here, though). or maybe a university student (who is really studying to get a good job, not just going through the motions to get a degree).

Are you thinking:

- "Hey, she looks interested. This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship (or courtship).." :D

- "Thai people are so nice and friendly to the tourists.." B)

- "D@mn, I'm good-lookin'!" :D

- "I'm fat and ugly, but those Thai girls still love me!" :D

- "She must be out for my money."

- "I wonder if she speaks English?"

- "Oh, another one of those farang-crazy ones." :D

- "Too bad I'm married (with kids)."

- "Ah, another easy one." :D

- "I think I'll make a move."

- "How do I make a move?"

- "I wonder how much is she?"

- "I love this country! :D"

- "She must be a bar girl. All Thai girls are bar girls."

- "Alrighty, here comes #43.."

- "She ain't thinkin' anything! This is the Land of Smiles, of course. "

- "Can't she tell that I'm gay?" :D

- (feel free to mix-and-match, or add your own)

I'm prepared to get a whole range of answers, maybe post what your own reaction is, and what you think your fellow farangs might be thinking..

Just curious... a purely hypothetical question, of course.. :o

When I first came here I got confused about this, now I see it like "*smile* hello welcome to my country. we Thai ladies are nice huh."

Then depending on the type of smile and other body lanaguage, I will try and get some more info. For example if she is playing with or flicking back her hair, then I might suspect something is up.

Edited by traveller5000

Hi all,

With all these threads about Thai girls - uni girls, bar girls, farang-scamming girls, etc.. and the varying opinions on them, I just wonder, what does a farang guy think when the average Thai girl smiles at him? Let's exclude the bar girls, the elite, and the laborers, as well as the supermodel-beautiful or horse-faced uglies. Just the okay-looking, kinda cute maybe, middle-class ladies that have 9-to-5 jobs (it's usually 9-to-6 here, though). or maybe a university student (who is really studying to get a good job, not just going through the motions to get a degree).

Are you thinking:

- "Hey, she looks interested. This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship (or courtship).." :D

I'm prepared to get a whole range of answers, maybe post what your own reaction is, and what you think your fellow farangs might be thinking..

I think, hey there is a person smiling at me, gosh isn't that just so darn nice.

But I've been here a while, I'm kinda like an old shoe (worn thin).

Hi all,

Are you thinking:

What do I think NOTHING - they are just as likely to smile at their dog each morning!

I sometimes think that the girls just want to show how well her teeth whitening job was done........

And for the Thai girls that are a bit more direct like telling one of my colleques that she thinks I am hansome/interesting and asking if I have a wife, well I think it is cute!

Same for those that give you a small booklet of the Grand Palace and offer you to be your tourguide (her phonenumber written on page one).

Ore the ones that find out your number through some colleques and send you an SMS telling they wanna talk with you/have lunch or dinner.

We guys (most of us) know when it is just a smile or an invitation to have a talk/get to know better/ go disco, movie or whatever non commiting activity.

It is not that difficult.

A smile cost nothing so when a Thai girl smiles at me I smile back and try to make some funny comment, in my experience Thai girls like it when you can make a funny comment and make them smile even more.

Think of it, those girls that work in department stores, 7-11 for a few thousand Baht a month, life is so boring so whenever you can have a bit of fun and jokes.

So many peple take life so serious and forget what it is really all about, have fun in life and always look at the positive side!

Peace ya all!

My wife's smile has stolen and sealed my heart,but the smiles from the other Thai ladies are always welcome and returned...it's an ego thing.

For me, the smiles just reenforce the addage " don't matter where you get your appeitite,just as long as you do your eating at home" :o

I love the Thai people!

What Does A Farang Think?, when the average Thai girl smiles at him.

Who cares ??? Mind your own business and carry on doing what you were doing originally..

That's what most Thais do.

It's a very good example for the rest of the world to model itself on.