Was Talking To A Bloke In A Bar Earlier Today....

Must stop doing this because all i seem to do is to hear conflicting stories....

This bloke told me that foreigners who want to buy property, have to set up a Thai company, but new regulations now state that the maximum shares allowed is now 39% - i'd heard it was 49%..

any ideas ??

Tommy

:):D

It's been done before to set up a company to buy property. However, Thailand has become wise to this and the government or a court can invalidate any company set up solely to buy property. Not advisable.

So Wise one what is the correct way to start a buisiness and to have xxxx amount of partners and what percentage do you own ....

IN BAR MANS TALK PLEASE... :D:D:D And can you sleep at night after you've paid your money. Numbers of some good legal people would be of help.. :D

The OP would seen to talk to a lot of people in a lot of bars...Here's another one of his "I heard it from....." posts. :)

Subsequently get chatting to bloke in a bar who informs me that i need to report to imigration office every 90 days, along with rental agreement showing my address and a bank statement showing i have enough money to live and they will extend by a further 90 days - ok i thought, that sounds easy....

Unfortunately a couple of days leter, talking to another bloke in another bar, who tells me that that's rubbish and i need to do a border run every 90 days...

So who's correct ?

If it's the latter - i'm totally confused !

OP,

The guy you talked to in the bar was correct, unless they changed the law in the meantime.

it varies and depends on the land office. when i set up (5 years ago) the company 51/49 i was told by the land office that in order to buy land the ratio should be 61/39, so we changed the share holdings. presently my local land office does not approve of any land purchase unless Thais hold 100% of the shares. that there are ways to solve that problem goes without saying. after all... This Is Thailand !

:)

The OP would seen to talk to a lot of people in a lot of bars...Here's another one of his "I heard it from....." posts. :)

Subsequently get chatting to bloke in a bar who informs me that i need to report to imigration office every 90 days, along with rental agreement showing my address and a bank statement showing i have enough money to live and they will extend by a further 90 days - ok i thought, that sounds easy....

Unfortunately a couple of days leter, talking to another bloke in another bar, who tells me that that's rubbish and i need to do a border run every 90 days...

So who's correct ?

If it's the latter - i'm totally confused !

A lot of the time these booze boys assume you're married and on a non-imm 'o' retirement visa which may not necessarily be the case...

Stop talking to dills in a bar and present your questions on this board in a sensible way. :)

Good one sir.

Ask here. Do not listen too much to bar "experts".

So much experience on here.

It is true there is a lot of good information for these type of topics here, just keep away from the news forum where most of the whackos like that bar fly seem to hang out.

I agree with Winnie 100%, best to buy in your g/f or wifes name if you lose it at least you know who to :-)

And when you get divorced you do not need a lawyer to arrange a settlement. I like it, cuts out the middle man :)

You should only take advice from a bloke in a bar if he is wearing a dress.

Yes, but then it's likely to be Jenny Star Bar and then you'll be talking to some very senior ThaiVisa board members.

So the info will be one million porsen correct. :)

:D

Was Talking To A Bloke In A Bar Earlier Today

and let me guess, he said he was ex-sas......don't worry we've all met him before :)

I told you to stop talking about me. :D

I ask you mrtoad, did I use the words, "Naked, man boobies" ?

Well there, now you can see I wasnt talking about you :D

I ask you mrtoad, did I use the words, "Naked, man boobies" ?

Well there, now you can see I wasnt talking about you :D

Oi, you keep that up and I'll never buy you a drink. :) Now back to the subject, where can I talk to a man in a bar in my current location?

Years ago I use to spend time over a few beers chatting with one of the so-called mafia bosses up there, he was a bit of a character but I dont recall seeing any men sitting around for a chat.

Now if you were asking me for a location to find some eye candy, that would be different :) .

I really wish I was there :D