Divorce Settlement

I will keep it simple, As part of a divorce settlement In the U K I will take possession of our condo in Thailand. It was paid for by me about 6 years ago from UK funds but was put in her name because of an agreement on some UK property.

Is it possible Just to change names on title deeds with all relevant paperwork re divorce in UK ?

Thanks for any advice

The short answerer is yes but sense the divorced is in the UK and the property is in Thailand you could be scr.... You may need an attorney in Thailand to short this out and only if your ex partner is willing.

Yes the divorce is in the UK and this will be part of the settlement. Im just thinking about the legality of transfering names. Do I have to show the money came from the UK originaly.

She dose not want it as the next mrs Banchang has been staying there!!

If the ownership of the condo is only in your wife's name, then you may have a problem. Was it part of the 51% Thai quota or the 49% foreigner quota? Get a lawyer in Thailand for acurate advice. My guess is that if it was in the 51% Thai quota, then you will have to show that the money used to buy it came from outside of Thailand.

If the ownership of the condo is only in your wife's name, then you may have a problem. Was it part of the 51% Thai quota or the 49% foreigner quota? Get a lawyer in Thailand for acurate advice. My guess is that if it was in the 51% Thai quota, then you will have to show that the money used to buy it came from outside of Thailand.

I would estimate about 70% thai owned

OK, so is your wife's condo in the 70% Thai quota or the 30% foreign owned quota? If it is in the Thai quota, then that means that when you bought it you didn't have to show that the money to purchase it came from outside of Thailand and the transfer of name from her to you may be complicated. If it is in the 30% foreign quota, then you did show this and the transfer of name from her to you should be trivial.

OK, so is your wife's condo in the 70% Thai quota or the 30% foreign owned quota? If it is in the Thai quota, then that means that when you bought it you didn't have to show that the money to purchase it came from outside of Thailand and the transfer of name from her to you may be complicated. If it is in the 30% foreign quota, then you did show this and the transfer of name from her to you should be trivial.

Ah yes we did show the money came from the UK so looks like i am okay.

Thanks for your help Donx