Open Air Beer Garden In Front Of Central World Plaza

sorensen

Yep...same for me.... had a great time there in the past week... very pleasant outside in the evening.... and Thai food available to accompany your suds.

Trying to remember.... One plaza for Federbrau, one for Asahi and Singha, one for Tiger, and after that I forget....

My last visit to BKK was last January. Saw the beer halls then and thought they looked good and with live music. unfortunately I was ragged away by the "cheese & kisses" so I couldn't sampe the brew. Good to hear these institutions are on the menu permanently. I saw one place that was all decked out in red. Seemed to be promoting a new beer. The name escapes me - I have lost a lot of the ability to remember owing to the poor lifestyle I lead. We are back again this january and I thought it might be a good spot to take a bunch of Thai mates for a night out. ( If I can let slip the marital leed) Can anyone tell me the name of a newish beer that has red as its colours and I guess is a local brew? Is it any good? Is Asahi the real Japanese brew - great stuff in Japan.

Ta - Hic!

I believe, most (or all) of the Asahi available in Thailand is Thai brewed....

The newish beer you're referring to probably is Federbrau, which also is Thai brewed, but supposedly adheres to the German beer brewing laws....

Thanks for the prompt - and vital information!

I had a look at this area last night and was far from impressed by the tower of ice in the tower of beer, the pretentious crowd crammed into plastic seats and tables and the cacophony from the live bands. I can't think of a worse way to enjoy a beer but it's obviously popular with a certain type of Thai customer.

I had a look at this area last night and was far from impressed by the tower of ice in the tower of beer, the pretentious crowd crammed into plastic seats and tables and the cacophony from the live bands. I can't think of a worse way to enjoy a beer but it's obviously popular with a certain type of Thai customer.

Come on, don't be a party pooper!

Great weather, cold beers, promoter girls, lots of people, music...it is all good. X-mas in Bangkok.

Can't watch chrome poles every night... :)

I always enjoy these kinds of Thai style outings...

Pleasant evening weather outside, cold beer and lots of it, a bounty of attractive ladies both those working and as patrons, inexpensive Thai food and snacks, free music...everything very easy-going.

What's not to like???