Prostate Problem In Men

RJfromUSA

Before taking any tablets, you should go see the doctor and get per rectal examination to make sure it is the Prostate enlarged.

Get the blood test done to check your PSA level to evaluate if you need biopsy to rule out malignancy.

If you have BPH and PSA in the the acceptable range then you can take the tablets.

The common prescription drug to reduce the size and symptom of BPH are Proscar ( original) and firide 5 mg ( good local made).

The other that would help in short term ,while you are starting the Finasteride, is Ucholine.

Best answer would be, go talk to the doctor first.

Once again, do not take those tablets if your PSA has not been done.

Before taking any tablets, you should go see the doctor and get per rectal examination to make sure it is the Prostate enlarged.

Get the blood test done to check your PSA level to evaluate if you need biopsy to rule out malignancy.

If you have BPH and PSA in the the acceptable range then you can take the tablets.

The common prescription drug to reduce the size and symptom of BPH are Proscar ( original) and firide 5 mg ( good local made).

The other that would help in short term ,while you are starting the Finasteride, is Ucholine.

Very good advice. While I think self-prescription of some medicines is appropriate in some situations, when you're possibly playing with cancer, you'd better not mess around.

BTW, I was in that ideal group you mentioned, and the drug I am on is Cardura. Quite effective, although the first 6 weeks of diarrhea every day was quite disheartening.

Saw palmento extract at least 360 mg. a day for over all prostate health get a product with plygeum, pumpkinseed extract, zinc, and stinging nettles. Each of these natural products provides a different improvement in prostate health with no side effects. I have been taking all of the above for years and no prostate problems.

check out lef.org they have some good info on various age related health issues.

:) the latest (beyond pommegranate and saw palmetto) is lycopene. You can find lycopen in pills and in TOMATOES and CARROTS. But be careful in drinking too much tomato juice: it creates kidneys-stones.

LYCOPENE: 80-100mg every day ! Good luck.

Tukmoon

as well with many suggestion : pumpkin seed / tomatoes / chili

the best & natural i try so fare is:

In my thai shop I found some tea bags call

Orthosiphon grandiflorus bolding, must be 20 teabags in it for the astronomic sum of Baht 27.

It is use as diuretics, I am happy with it, only wake up 2 times a night now instead of 5-6 times.

Drinking beer / eaten bread or anything with yeast affect me the most.

I could scan & post the cover (all in thai) if wanted !

Edited by simcity

funding for the study was received from a company producing pomgranate juice.

Fair enough.

And funding for pharmaceutical development and testing comes from whom? :)

I dont think you can compare pharmaceutical development of new medicines with so called studies of the usefullness of fruit juices which are mainly done to sell more.However I agree no harm is done to drink this juice which is quite expensive.The same effect,as already mentioned,seems to have tomato juice which is much cheaper.

Very good advice. While I think self-prescription of some medicines is appropriate in some situations, when you're possibly playing with cancer, you'd better not mess around.

BTW, I was in that ideal group you mentioned, and the drug I am on is Cardura. Quite effective, although the first 6 weeks of diarrhea every day was quite disheartening.

As you might know, cadura does not effect on PSA but it is advised to always check it out before starting any trial on yourself.

as well with many suggestion : pumpkin seed / tomatoes / chili

the best & natural i try so fare is:

In my thai shop I found some tea bags call

Orthosiphon grandiflorus bolding, must be 20 teabags in it for the astronomic sum of Baht 27.

It is use as diuretics, I am happy with it, only wake up 2 times a night now instead of 5-6 times.

Drinking beer / eaten bread or anything with yeast affect me the most.

I could scan & post the cover (all in thai) if wanted !

Good advice there.

Pumpkin seeds are very good as often zinc deficiency is a factor is prostate problems.

I agree also with eating tomatoes, and chilli but you should probably consider taking a prostate formula and the best that i have found is one by Suisse pharmaceeticals called ProsQ really helps with urine flow and stops urgency.

Additionally you should avoid diuretics like tea, beer, coffee and also limit dairy and red meat.

Simcity if you are taking a diuretic drink more water.

The cause of most prostate enlargement as we age is DHT competeing for testostrone at the recepetor site of our prostate. Since DHT is similar to testostrone it can win out in this competition. Saw Palmento blocks the DHT from the receptor site which allows the testostrone into the site. The enlargement of the prostate as we age happens because more testostrone is converted to DHT.

Check out LEF.org male hormone modulation therapy a lot of good info and how to treat problrms with natural products.

But please, whatever you do, do not fail to first rule out possibility of prostate cancer.

Once assurred that it is only BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy, very common) you can try home remedies, supplements etc to your heart''s content. Saw palmetto being a good place to start. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginf...awpalmetto.html -- IF you are sure it is BPH and not cancer. you cannot tell that based on symptoms.

But please, whatever you do, do not fail to first rule out possibility of prostate cancer.

Once assurred that it is only BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy, very common) you can try home remedies, supplements etc to your heart''s content. Saw palmetto being a good place to start. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginf...awpalmetto.html -- IF you are sure it is BPH and not cancer. you cannot tell that based on symptoms.

Yes, so true. One of the things that irritates me to no end on all of TV is that too many people only worry about whether something is cheap, versus whether it is appropriate.

The test for prostate cancer is so easy. For most of us the old finger test and a PSA test. I have BPH, and it is very treatable.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Palmetto available in Thailand?

Mac

'simcity' date='2009-12-05 08:07:13' post='3183966']

perhaps the one who suggest what is working with natural remedies, already done tests such as PSA / rectal examination

Yes , had those tests and the PSA free test . The addition of garlic and red peppers have definitely improved flow , many medications such as flowmax do nothing to reduce the size of the prostate . The only side effects I have is an increase in phlatus .

Edited by dumball

Just as a warning about some of the "prescription" drugs. When I started taking Cardura I had 21 days of diarrhea. I began thinking I was dying of intestinal cancer. Than, magically, on day 22 totally back to normal. It is not an uncommon side affect.

Saw Palmetto available in Thailand?

Mac

TV members have reported being able to get it. Try a search of this forum for sources.

• 4 weeks later...