3 Killed When Train Crashes Into Their Pick-up Truck In Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

3 killed when train crashes into their pick-up truck in Prachuap Khiri Khan

Prachuap Khiri Khan - A mother, daughter and her aunt were killed when their pick-up truck was hit by a train at train crossing here Thursday morning.

Police said the accident happened at 7:40 am on a road in Khao Takiab village in Tambon Nongkae of Hua Hin district.

The mother, Pichuda Yaemkesorn, 40, was driving her pick-up to send her daughter, Suwimol Sunthornnan, 14, to school, when the accident occurred. Pichuda's sister, Pattama Yaemkesorn, 41, was travelling with them.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

My condolences to the family remaining.

The crossing in question doesn't have any barriers or lights!

It is the 2nd fatal accident on the same crossing within about 6 month as much as I know, the one before this one (that I know of) killed friends of mine.

It is a very dangerous crossing, as the road makes a 90 degree curve right before and after the crossing, and it is a badly maintained dirt road, so you really got to watch where you are driving, which again makes it difficult to concentrate on the railroad track that curves out of sight in one direction.

It is heavily used by motorbikes and cars, and really deserves barriers or at least some lights!

I wonder how many more people have do die in that crossing until they finally put a barrier there...

p.s. I will try to find the picture I had of it, it had a fender of a car hung up on the cross... it belonged to my friends car and I guess was supposed to be some sort of warning.

Edited by jbhh

It is the 2nd fatal accident on the same crossing within about 6 month as much as I know, the one before this one (that I know of) killed friends of mine.

It is a very dangerous crossing, as the road makes a 90 degree curve right before and after the crossing, and it is a badly maintained dirt road, so you really got to watch where you are driving, which again makes it difficult to concentrate on the railroad track that curves out of sight in one direction.

It is heavily used by motorbikes and cars, and really deserves barriers or at least some lights!

I wonder how many more people have do die in that crossing until they finally put a barrier there...

p.s. I will try to find the picture I had of it, it had a fender of a car hung up on the cross... it belonged to my friends car and I guess was supposed to be some sort of warning.

Your explanation of the geography does little to diminish the fact that extreme caution was not used and that locals, by your intimation, are blase when using it.

Furthermore, while we opine about the event the Thais with their lack of driver training are oblivious to such dangers. hence the authorities see insufficient danger despite the increasing loss of life. When they seem so matter of fact about it and do nothing in result of the tragedies then it is hard to sympathise.

They treat life and death so lightly, why shouldn't we?

Personally, I would approach the crossing and stop. I would also consider stepping from the vehicle to view the line in both directions, or have apassenger do so and then proceeed under instruction and /or with extreme caution. Furthermore, where loved ones are concerned I would have them exit the vehicle and proceed alone.

Can you see the Thais acting so cautiously in regard to human life?

Thought not. It's sad but then they say it comes in threes.

Make sure you're there to chip the 10 cents next time. You could make a bomb with the video on You Tube.

Y I would also consider stepping from the vehicle to view the line in both directions, or have apassenger do so and then proceeed under instruction and /or with extreme caution. Furthermore, where loved ones are concerned I would have them exit the vehicle and proceed alone.

Actually, I can't see anyone doing what you just described. :)

Personally, I would approach the crossing and stop. I would also consider stepping from the vehicle to view the line in both directions, or have apassenger do so and then proceeed under instruction and /or with extreme caution. Furthermore, where loved ones are concerned I would have them exit the vehicle and proceed alone.

Yeah right let your "loved ones" walk accross good idea so much safer :)

Your explanation of the geography does little to diminish the fact that extreme caution was not used and that locals, by your intimation, are blase when using it.

Furthermore, while we opine about the event the Thais with their lack of driver training are oblivious to such dangers. hence the authorities see insufficient danger despite the increasing loss of life. When they seem so matter of fact about it and do nothing in result of the tragedies then it is hard to sympathise.

Make sure you're there to chip the 10 cents next time. You could make a bomb with the video on You Tube.

Loquent :)

Would that be the video showing your loved ones copping their whack?

What an insensitive post, from someone who is far from eloquent. :D

R.I.P to those souls killed and to their families.

Loquent, you are a pompous and insensitive git, and anything but eloquent. Save your crass remarks for some subject less sensitive

Loquent :)

Would that be the video showing your loved ones copping their whack?

What an insensitive post, from someone who is far from eloquent. :D

R.I.P to those souls killed and to their families.

Loquent did not lose any one, it was jbhh.... dumbass

Loquent, your one sick puppy! Two words - seek help

Edited by dman961