Moving On From Thailand.

howmuch

Hi folks,

First and only post from me, so here goes, basically after 5 and a bit years here i feel its time to move on (Marriage break up, fed up with the convuluted visa regs, My Jaded view of Thailand.)

Im originally from the UK and don't have any desire to return just yet so was wondering fellow farangs, where would you recommend?

As im an experienced, qualified teacher, im veering towards somewhere in the South america's. If anyone has experience of this region, your advice would be greatly appreciated but open to all posibilities.

ps. The criteria is Cheap lifestyle/booze, Beautiful women, chilled lifestyle, everything Thailand has really. Thanks all...

First f all, it's refreshing to me to hear someone who does'nt like it here actually decide to leave rather than hang around whinging. Fair play to you.

Try Brazil, it's a fantastic and vibrant place. If i'm honest, i'd much rather live there myself but my business here is quite solid and i don't feel like taking the chance on trying to startup again. I'm not knocking this place as it's been quite good to me, but given my time again i'd chose there without a moments hesitation, and the people are so much friendlier than i've found in the years i've lived here.

Best f luck wherever you decide to go

I would go back to Taiwan after I get tired of Thailand.

Although it doesn't really fit your criteria of having Cheap lifestyle/booze, Beautiful women, chilled lifestyle.

However, the salary for teaching is very high and the cost of living low. I guarantee that you will miss Thailand after you leave. In that case, it's only about 8,000 baht return on KLM from Taiwan :)

I love Brazilian music, so I've always wanted to go there, but the endemic violent crime puts me off. Admittedly it's mostly in the large cities, but still......

Have you been to Cambodia ? You could at least take a quick trip there. Avoid Phnom Penh......

The expatriate website there is called Khmer440.......

Hi folks,

First and only post from me, so here goes, basically after 5 and a bit years here i feel its time to move on (Marriage break up, fed up with the convuluted visa regs, My Jaded view of Thailand.)

Im originally from the UK and don't have any desire to return just yet so was wondering fellow farangs, where would you recommend?

As im an experienced, qualified teacher, im veering towards somewhere in the South america's. If anyone has experience of this region, your advice would be greatly appreciated but open to all posibilities.

ps. The criteria is Cheap lifestyle/booze, Beautiful women, chilled lifestyle, everything Thailand has really. Thanks all...

Stupid question I know, but if your criteria is: cheap lifestyle/booze, Beautiful women, chilled lifestyle, everything Thailand has alreally, why are you seeking to live in another country which is. same, same?

If it`s for reasons that you can`t fulfil the requirements to obtain a visa than I doubt that it is going to be much easier somewhere other than your home country.

For me it`s all down to finance. If I had the dosh I would like to settle somewhere in Southern Italy, an EEC country no worries about visas, by the med with a little villa on the beach.

Anyway, dream on baby.

Given these criteria, it won't take a long time before the OP will be "jaded" wherever he goes. Countries which have those things to offer generally have some huge disadvantages usual to societies of inequality that enable westerners a chilled lifestyle of cheap women...

Boy are these people in for an unpleasant surprise when they show up to South America expecting a population of polite hardworking non scamming folk who enjoy the company of old gringos.

Given these criteria, it won't take a long time before the OP will be "jaded" wherever he goes. Countries which have those things to offer generally have some huge disadvantages usual to societies of inequality that enable westerners a chilled lifestyle of cheap women...

Boy are these people in for an unpleasant surprise when they show up to South America expecting a population of polite hardworking non scamming folk who enjoy the company of old gringos.

Yes, I recommend Sao Paulo for your first stop on your trip to Nirvana.

Chile was voted as one, if not the, safest country for travellers about three or four years ago. It might have moved continents but i doubt it. Joking apart, were all agreed that nowhere is perfect and there will always be scammers etc etc but my point is that the OP might just find that the cultural difference there might be more suitable to him than this region. And re another post, yes, i'd think twice about Sao Paulo :)

First f all, it's refreshing to me to hear someone who does'nt like it here actually decide to leave rather than hang around whinging. Fair play to you.

Try Brazil, it's a fantastic and vibrant place. If i'm honest, i'd much rather live there myself but my business here is quite solid and i don't feel like taking the chance on trying to startup again. I'm not knocking this place as it's been quite good to me, but given my time again i'd chose there without a moments hesitation, and the people are so much friendlier than i've found in the years i've lived here.

Best f luck wherever you decide to go

Yes im sick of people complaining about Thailand but still stay here,good on ya for moving.A tV memeber who's name i shall not mention {neverdie}lol should get his ass outa thailand 2,he just comes on this website evryday complaining bout everything,the cynical brainless git. :) No offense neveride.

Edited by Dpolenz

I'd go to Brazil or Chile, and for the person who asked about moving somewhere else with a Thai wife, Brazil does not require a visa for Thai citizens, which is a definite bonus.

I also hear that Peru is the same on the visa front.

I lived in Brazil and there English is non existent,the thai's know more english then them plus its allot more dangerous to live in brazil.And as far as bringing the thai wife with u to live in brazil,are you crazy or just plain stupid?

It all comes down to what your personal interests are. Only you know what makes you truly happy. You will be unhappy wherever you choose to live if you are just running away from something. Love can be found anywhere, but you first have to find contentment within yourself before anything good will come of the future. I'm happy with a single life, but many people need other's company... male or female. Once you add another person into your life there will be complications wherever you choose to live. If you have a consuming interest then now is the time to immerse yourself into it and forget the partying.

As i said, its just time to move on.

I fancy a change. I had the pipe and slippers lifestyle for a while but im relatively young (36) so why not live it up!

Did you not read how dangerous Brasil is? Forget the great weather sandy beaches and tanned skinned beauties with green eyes, wearing nothing but a G strings....

What time to we leave?