Htc Touch Is Crapping Up

raro

my HTC Touch is getting slower and slower. Takes ages to go from one function to the other. After hanging up a call it takes about half a minute until I can do something with it again. The touchscreen doesn't react properly, I am afraid punching holes in it soon. It also doesn't seem to be centered anymore...Tried to do a hard reset, but the method I found on the internet (press both buttons and insert the stylo at the same time) doesn't work either.

anyone with similar problems? Advise?

the problem worsened to the point that it became more or less impossible to use the phone...went to Fortune town (the only service station for HTC in Thailand) and before I could explain the problem, the girl at the counter diagnosed "moisture in the touchscreen".

Takes 2 hours to fix and costs 2,770 Baht...got now idle time for trolling in the forum :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that girl diagnosed in an instant. So what did they do? Clean the unit? I was to advise if you can do a hard reset and maybe puot WM 6.1 in the process. I got mine in HK 1.3 years ago and so far its is still quite quick and no problem aside from auto shut down problem once or twice in a month.

Wow that girl diagnosed in an instant. So what did they do? Clean the unit? I was to advise if you can do a hard reset and maybe puot WM 6.1 in the process. I got mine in HK 1.3 years ago and so far its is still quite quick and no problem aside from auto shut down problem once or twice in a month.

they replaced the touchscreen and the front of the housing as it is one unit. looks sparkling new now.