Dental Implants

denboy

I'm considering slinging my lower denture and having perhaps 6 implants with a partial palate.

I'm searching for a good and experienced dentist and of course a reasonable price.

One thinks of Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital which I know is good but at 60k a tooth the most expensive. I have seen adverts for 49k per implant but are they experienced dentists, what mterials do they use etc.

So basically I am seeking any reccomendations from anyone with previous experience around Pattaya area.

I'm aware of the argument, buy the best to last a lifetime but at 70+ years not a major consideration.

Any sensible replies appreciated.

Cheers

My brother in law has just had two implants to replace his molars that needed extracting (both large implants)

cost for implant and crown 40,000bt each at the Dental For You dentist opposite Tuk-com, South Pattaya Rd.

He's very pleased with his treatment and also with the savings he made compared with the UK at £3000 each.

Also note that smaller implants required for front teeth are cheaper at around 25,000bt each.

Thanks for that info Sotsira. I will certainly get an estimate from them.

Did you brother in law have teeth extracted and implants inserted immediately, if not how long was the whole operation as a matter of interest.

No other dentist has quoted any difference in price for small or larger teeth, makes you wonder when the just quote a fixed price per implant. No wonder they can built 5 star hospitals with doctors running around in BMW's

Cheers

After extraction he had to wait 3 weeks for the gum to heal then went back for the implant to be inserted,

after that he had to wait a minimum of 3 months for the implant to bond to the jaw bone before having the crown fitted to it.

Then it's strong enough to be used fully.

Firstly, you will, no doubt need some bone grafting done before you can even start to think of implants.

Over time, the bone as well as the gums shrink.

Secondly, it was recommened to me when i wanted full mouth implants to replace my own dentures that i get 2 or 4 implants with ball or bar + overdenture fitted, instead of what you propose.

Cant leave a link here, but if you type the word thantakit into a search engine and look around the site for its treatment costs, you will know what i mean.

Still pondering as i type as to whether to get it done or not

Penkoprod

Penkoprod

bone grafting is not a normal procedure.... it is performed on as needed basis.

if denboy does not need the procedure, he surely and i hope, does not elect to have it done.... lol

i just have my implantation procedure started a few months ago.... one on the lower right front and the other on the lower left front jaw....

denboy, shop around a few places and talk to different surgeons--one may offer you a good reasonable prices.... if possible avoid tourist towns the like of phuket and pattaya.... lol

i was told to prepare to stay in the hospital for 3 days.... but after the initial implantation surgery about 3 hrs, i was released to go home.... much to every one's relief....

Dentboy, I had a single dental implant done in Hua Hin. I can't complain about it so far. It's been nearly a year now and no problems.

I've pm'd you some links to what I went through,

For a single implant you're looking at 60 - 80 thousand baht though...

My brother in law has just had two implants to replace his molars that needed extracting (both large implants)

cost for implant and crown 40,000bt each at the Dental For You dentist opposite Tuk-com, South Pattaya Rd.

He's very pleased with his treatment and also with the savings he made compared with the UK at £3000 each.

Also note that smaller implants required for front teeth are cheaper at around 25,000bt each.

Not quite what is indicated on their website : http://www.dental4youpattaya.com/