Opera 10.10

Pattayaseven

Tariq786, what i done

I load Opera 9.61 version into the notebook at last.

To achieve that i need to run the program Opera into my desktop (XP window) use a independent folder

Copy / past the folder into a thumb

Copy / past the folder into the notebook

Short cut the opera icon into my tool bar

It is working 80%, i try to do the same with the 10 version without success

Not the best solution but keeps me away of the Firefox.

I do not see how i can run a program without the extension .htm

I keep my eyes on the problem

EXCELLENT !!!

Been using Opera for many years PC / Pocket PC / Mobile phone.

Just a heads up...October PC Magazine, in an article on browser security, rates Opera the worst in terms of security by a wide margin.

Which one is rated the best...everybody's favorite whipping boy...Internet Explorer 8 :)

PC.Magazine.October.2009.pdf

Edited by FarangBuddha

So u have to dump FF and start using IE8 ? My sympathies with u :D

For me it is not a problem, I will still be using OPERA as I have UNIFIED THREAT MANAGEMENT which takes care of internet threats, viruses, spyware and spam.

>>Just a heads up...October PC Magazine, in an article on browser security, rates Opera the worst in terms of security by a wide margin.

>>Which one is rated the best...everybody's favorite whipping boy...Internet Explorer 8 :)

EXCELLENT !!!

Been using Opera for many years PC / Pocket PC / Mobile phone.

Just a heads up...October PC Magazine, in an article on browser security, rates Opera the worst in terms of security by a wide margin.

Which one is rated the best...everybody's favorite whipping boy...Internet Explorer 8 :)

Well yeah sure, PC Magazine is basically a paid-for marketing arm for Microsoft. And there are always some statistics in which any product can win.

Back in the real world, most people are lazy, so they never switch away from IE, which makes IE the biggest target area for zero day exploits which is why most zero day exploits work first and foremost on IE. IE 8, Windows 7, same as it always was. Same as it will be. Want to surf with a huge target sign drawn on your back? Use IE!

It pretty much doesn't matter what kind of security Opera built into their browser, because nobody in their right mind would bother writing an exploit that targets a 1% browser. That would be just silly.

Edited by nikster