British Couple Subjected To Vile 'clockwork Orange' Style Sex Attack On Thailand Holiday

webfact

this is bad advertisement for ''clockwork orange'' the movie is much better ( violent) lol

well it does suck :) and those guys must be crazy doing anything like that in thailand, if they get cought they will see what rape molestation and a real long shitty life they will have in thai prisons.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote]

That simply bespeaks a hole in your education if you are British. The book is formally recognised as an important literary work. Sadly, there is a local determination that states of ignorance such as yours should be maintained.

and one of the great movies by a real movie director

I saw the movie when I was too young to recognize it's importance, but the scene being referred to has stuck in my mind.

I hope the people perpetrating this are caught. They can easily flee the country and they aren't the kind of people we want in tourist areas. Thailand has enough problems without importing these characters.

My best to the victims and it's good to hear they have the courage to help solve this problem.

Thailand is fine, I lived there for 1 year with out a problem, the problem is the filth from all over the world meeting in 1 place, stay away from known sleazy places.
I am planning a holiday there in December with my Thai girlfriend :< scary stuff.

Koh Chang you hardly can call a sleazy place!

Dormicum / Midazolam to use it's generic name is a very short acting benzodiazepine drug. There is no way they were out of it for two days unless they were given repeated doses.

This is the drug of preference that I use (when available) to sleep on long haul flights. When I say very short acting in it's tablet form it makes me sleep for about two hours on a flight, then I take another one. I have often used four of these on a 12 hour flight. They're also very addictive, if people abuse this drug I've heard of them actually taking it during the day, as crazy as that sounds, it's true - who would want to be sleepy during the day ?

Dormicum: has several names and first time I got them was from my doctor 37 years ago, last time I took it was about 12 years ago, in an airplane. Its really if I remember correctly a sleepregulator to get over time lags...

Works marvelous for falling asleep, you have time to go toilet but likely are asleep in 30 minutes and depending an capsule size the can last 4 hours ar about 8...

I think another name is dalmadorm etc... Never got a habbit from it...

There's no reason to believe the couple were drugged with Dormicum aside from speculation by a doctor on Koh Chang. Given comments here by posters re the short acting action of the drug it would seem that they did not show symptoms of Dormicum ingestion.

'The doctor there examined us and listened to our story and seemed to know what had happened straight away.

'He told us we were showing all the symptoms of having been given the drug Dormicum – a date rape drug. I do not know the drug, but it seemed of no surprise to the doctor.

'When I asked the doctor if he could check for any traces, he said no, it would have been cleared out of our systems by now.'

-redwood

I tried to leave the link to Drummond's blog in place when I responded, but I was getting an error from TV saying I am not allowed to post links, so I had to remove it. What possible motive would I have in removing the link that displays Drummond's inconsistencies? He states in his blog that the "unspeakable acts" happened in Koh Samui as I have posted before the topic was closed. Other readers dismiss that error with a shrug and a flippant "it happens", but for me, it is a yet another demonstration of extremely poor fact checking, editing, and in this case, sensitivity. Reporters live and die by fact checking. Again, if Drummond can't even name the right island where this allegedly happened, why should anyone trust anything else he says about this story, which wasn't much. Now if this event did happen, then OF COURSE my heart goes out to the couple who experienced this horror. It's just a shame their story was told by an incompetent reporter.

I suggest we ask the couple who they find to be more insensitive - Drummond or yourself.

Thankfully, most of your obscenely insensitive posts were deleted.

Unfortunately, the way the information/claims are presented undercut the substance. It's hard to take seriously an article that leans heavily on sensationalistic hyperbole. As others have said, it seems the supporting information was left out. Maybe the story is true. If so, the victims have been done a disservice by turning this into a wild sex story.

When I see the mention of a Clockwork Orange all I can think of is a bunch of weird adolescents with repressed homosexual desires wearing mascara and dressed up in long johns. Sorry, but I am not very sophisticated so the reference didn't help me.

That simply bespeaks a hole in your education if you are British. The book is formally recognised as an important literary work. Sadly, there is a local determination that states of ignorance such as yours should be maintained.

No, it means that I have an inherent ability to differentiate fact from fiction. I fail to see the benefit of alluding to the novel in the article. My impression is that the reference brings in tawdry imagery that is a cheap tool to attract reader interest. Maybe, you consider me to be old fashioned or unhip, but I prefer my news to be delivered in an unbiased factual manner with the facts, as known, presented clearly. The use of metaphors, allusions, vivid imagery etc. detracts from the events. If someone wishes to colour the reporting, then the article should be in the opinion or editorials section.

What you fail to understand is that the judicial system still functions on the basis of fact, not juiced up stories. The end result here is that what may indeed be a very horrific assault is marginalized by the use of such grotesque imagery. The typical reader is going to think of a gang ala Clockwork Orange. What happens when there is no such gang? The claims of assault are then discounted because the embellishments render the story a piece of cheap prose. Sorry, but if these are victims, they they were owed the duty of a factual article. The pulp fiction could have followed once the original story was printed.

Koh Chang has drugs and the border is close, and I have seen date rape drugs being sold at the border with Cambodia, and some crazy stuff has gone on in Thailand, so I don't see why it couldn't be true.

Reminds me of the program I saw on the Frenchmen who went all over the world poisoning killing people in places like Thailand, Nepal, etc. but was a great escape artist. I think they finally got him for good in the last few years.

You are thinking of this guy,,,sorry murderer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Sobhraj

Sorry to hear of such things going on in the world, it makes you wonder how much goes on without knowing of.

Example, the wierdo Austrian guy who kept his daughter in a cellar and had a load of kids with her, it was for more than 10 years!

Lots of things never are reported.

I have no confidence in the Thai police as my family have been trying to bring to account the murderers of my wifes cousin last year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Murder-t197146.html

To give you an example.

So sorry for the victims, as ever.

Edited by soihok

I've seen quite a bit of Farang on Farang crime, drugging, rape, theft, etc in my few months down south. In fact I feel i was far more in danger when around white backing communities than anywhere else..

You witnessed crime, drugging, RAPE and theft? where the hel_l do you hang out?

Seen =! witness. What I was trying to say is that I have seen people drink and then pass out or act totally abnormal after 2 drinks. I have known women who were drugged and then woken up raped. As for theft, I have had friends lose wallets, ipods, laptops etc. This stuff happens more down around Phuket, Koh Phi Phi, and Krabi. I spent about 2 months in those areas and promptly moved back to Chiang Mai far far away from that scene. The full moon party is a very good place to see all three happen, it is also probably one of the biggest let downs.

There is a whole nasty white underbelly amongst the backpacking crowds. It is very easy to avoid though.

As for Thai on Farang, I and others mysteriously fell into a deep sleep on a bus ride from BKK to Krabi after being given a free drink. We woke up hours later, when we got out my friends checked their bags and found they were in total missing about 10k Baht. I had all my valuables in my side pocket which was against the side of the bus, so I lost nothing.

As for other things, I have seen fights etc around town in Cm, which is not uncommon for any place in the world.

Despite all of this I feel far safer in Thailand than I do in some major US cities. # years and nothing of incident to report for myself, a little common sense and street smarts goes a long way.

A reporter got his 'pound of flesh' (=cha-ching) and TV got theirs by sending an opportunistic mass email for desired 'page impressions' by viewers (which pays the rent). Thus, the couple were raped thrice (at the least).

'End of story' (for some) but not for the extremely unfortunate couple.

Sincere thoughts go to *them*.

PS: Andrew, you could do (and have done) much better. TV, you *should* know better but many have probably come to expect worse as the 'norm' standard- as set by your lead. Bottom line = cha-chingggggg and what this 'sensational' story presented, for some.

Edited by baht&sold

Did this happen at White Sand Beach, or one of the smaller areas?

Were the suspects residents on Koh Chang, or just visiting tourists?

This could be important information for those currently staying on Koh Chang, or planning to visit soon, and should not compromise the identify of the victims.

Did this happen at White Sand Beach, or one of the smaller areas?

Were the suspects residents on Koh Chang, or just visiting tourists?

This could be important information for those currently staying on Koh Chang, or planning to visit soon, and should not compromise the identify of the victims.

Read Drummond's blog and another Thailand forum where he posts for the info. The suspects were visitors to Koh Chang, not residents and they allegedly met the English couple in Sabay Bar on White Sand Beach.

Unfortunately, the way the information/claims are presented undercut the substance. It's hard to take seriously an article that leans heavily on sensationalistic hyperbole. As others have said, it seems the supporting information was left out. Maybe the story is true. If so, the victims have been done a disservice by turning this into a wild sex story.

When I see the mention of a Clockwork Orange all I can think of is a bunch of weird adolescents with repressed homosexual desires wearing mascara and dressed up in long johns. Sorry, but I am not very sophisticated so the reference didn't help me.

No, it means that I have an inherent ability to differentiate fact from fiction. I fail to see the benefit of alluding to the novel in the article. My impression is that the reference brings in tawdry imagery that is a cheap tool to attract reader interest. Maybe, you consider me to be old fashioned or unhip, but I prefer my news to be delivered in an unbiased factual manner with the facts, as known, presented clearly. The use of metaphors, allusions, vivid imagery etc. detracts from the events. If someone wishes to colour the reporting, then the article should be in the opinion or editorials section.

What you fail to understand is that the judicial system still functions on the basis of fact, not juiced up stories. The end result here is that what may indeed be a very horrific assault is marginalized by the use of such grotesque imagery. The typical reader is going to think of a gang ala Clockwork Orange. What happens when there is no such gang? The claims of assault are then discounted because the embellishments render the story a piece of cheap prose. Sorry, but if these are victims, they they were owed the duty of a factual article. The pulp fiction could have followed once the original story was printed.

So, "you have an inherent ability to differentiate fact from fiction" good for you.

The reference to Clockwork Orange has been blown out of all proportion but the basic facts of the incident were reported as fully as was decent - though not on this site. Personally I think mentioing the film was a mistake but that does not change the facts.

And "the judicial system still functions on facts" - is that why the police routinely hold reconstructions which are then shown in court as if fact; and that the police as in this case too seem not too interested in establishinmg facts.

After reading this I checked up on Dormicom and am pretty sure that I was drugged with this in Bangkok. I had all those symptoms and the flazanevil counter -overdose injection.

it may be short acting but when overdosed as i was, it knocks you into a coma, a day or two in my case and they said I came round amazingly early even for a young fit male. U do feel a bi9t weird, wobbly and I had a scary total memory loss 2 days later leaving me lost just a few hundred yards from my hotel.

The thai police said they have a few foreigners a night in Bangkok alone, yet Ive never heard of them catching anyone ever. They just dont care a dam_n abvout crimes against foreigners. In fairness they know from experience that an overdose of an anteretrograde amnesiac is gonna make my testimony sketchy to say the least, but they didnt even want my mobile number, this despite the fact so many criminals are caught by tracing the calls they make to friends or familly or by a description that the person they sell it to gives the police. What else are they gonna do with a stolen phone. They didnt bother getting my ATM cards numbers so anyone trying to use them could bring up CCTV footage. Utterly useless racist scum police.

Why anone would go to Ko chang is beyond me, utterly boring, way overpriced , crawling with thieving ladyboys, rainy dump of a place

So, "you have an inherent ability to differentiate fact from fiction" good for you.

The reference to Clockwork Orange has been blown out of all proportion but the basic facts of the incident were reported as fully as was decent - though not on this site. Personally I think mentioing the film was a mistake but that does not change the facts.

And "the judicial system still functions on facts" - is that why the police routinely hold reconstructions which are then shown in court as if fact; and that the police as in this case too seem not too interested in establishinmg facts.

Thank you for acknowledging my superior abilities. They were honed at the student pub during my sejour in university.

Unfortunately, you still don't get it. The Daily Mail article was short on facts. As several people have pointed out, allegations are made but not substantiated. It is claimed that the UK embassy ignored the victims and the police dismissed the claims. Well, golly gee, who are these embassy and police personnel? When one calls the embassy with a claim like this, a file number and contact name is given. When a police report is filed there is a name of a contact police officer given. Why weren't these people approached, or named? Serious allegations are made and yet, nothing substantive is offered. Where are the witnesses? If the victims were carried out of a bar in a state of stupor surely someone saw this? Did Mr. Drummond go and verify the allegations as best he could? Most investigative journalists do go out to the location and attempt to make an assessment and to find witnesses. Had Mr. Drummond stuck to the facts and just the facts, I wouldn't be thinking that what me have here is a possible "balloon boy" caper. Sadly, we live in a world where people will stop at nothing to perpetrate scams and shams. It is incumbent upon journalists to treat allegations of rape in a non sensationalistic manner so that actual rape victims do not have to deal with suspicions raised by bogus claims.

Capiche?

To use your words describing your posts "pulp fiction" from "behind a desk"

Thank you for acknowledging my superior abilities. They were honed at the student pub during my sejour in university.

Unfortunately, you still don't get it. The Daily Mail article was short on facts. As several people have pointed out, allegations are made but not substantiated. It is claimed that the UK embassy ignored the victims and the police dismissed the claims. Well, golly gee, who are these embassy and police personnel? When one calls the embassy with a claim like this, a file number and contact name is given. When a police report is filed there is a name of a contact police officer given. Why weren't these people approached, or named? Serious allegations are made and yet, nothing substantive is offered. Where are the witnesses? If the victims were carried out of a bar in a state of stupor surely someone saw this? Did Mr. Drummond go and verify the allegations as best he could? Most investigative journalists do go out to the location and attempt to make an assessment and to find witnesses. Had Mr. Drummond stuck to the facts and just the facts, I wouldn't be thinking that what me have here is a possible "balloon boy" caper. Sadly, we live in a world where people will stop at nothing to perpetrate scams and shams. It is incumbent upon journalists to treat allegations of rape in a non sensationalistic manner so that actual rape victims do not have to deal with suspicions raised by bogus claims.

Capiche?

If you search the internet more widely most of your questions would be answered. "Capiche". :D

Glad you enjoyed your "sejour" in university. I'll take your word for it that you gained immensely from your university experience. Did you do much else other than being "honed at the student pub" :)

Koh Chang, my Friends is very much Lawless. I heard first hand of these similar stories from a Farang Barman that stumbled apon and witnessed an attack like this. He knew of these men carrying out these attacks before, terrorizing girls and couples climbing in though the roofs of thier huts. He told me many an awful story, and I quite believed him.

KOH CHANG is a very very dangerous island, please enjoy the rest of Thailand, do not go to Koh Chang.

Capiche?

I did my advanced studies not in a pub and thus might be able to put your sophomoric spasms into perspective. You have zero credibility in defending your unfounded skepticism. By now substantial additional information has been posted on this and other outlets. Thus, your statements (that's perhaps too positive) do not add anything to the subject matter but only obscure. Why dont you stop spamming the thread and acknowledge that witnesses, Mr. Drummond and a colleague of his, have confirmed parts of the account? Why dont you praise them for the assistance rendered to the victims and their protecting the victims' privacy by not dragging them unnecessarily into the public? Why dont you acknowledge that appropriate papers have been filed or are in the process of being file in Thailand and in the UK?

You are void of first hand information, additional knowledge, first hand experience with such cases, apparently also a lack of legal information. So, please, stop this spamming, you made your point, it is invalid at best. As stated somewhere else, people should also be very careful about accusing crime victims of committing a crime in their own turn by filing false police reports. I think such accusations anyhow violate forum rules and belong to the trash bin or in the hands of a competent lawyer.

I did my advanced studies not in a pub and thus might be able to put your sophomoric spasms into perspective. You have zero credibility in defending your unfounded skepticism. By now substantial additional information has been posted on this and other outlets. Thus, your statements (that's perhaps too positive) do not add anything to the subject matter but only obscure. Why dont you stop spamming the thread and acknowledge that witnesses, Mr. Drummond and a colleague of his, have confirmed parts of the account? Why dont you praise them for the assistance rendered to the victims and their protecting the victims' privacy by not dragging them unnecessarily into the public? Why dont you acknowledge that appropriate papers have been filed or are in the process of being file in Thailand and in the UK?

You are void of first hand information, additional knowledge, first hand experience with such cases, apparently also a lack of legal information. So, please, stop this spamming, you made your point, it is invalid at best. As stated somewhere else, people should also be very careful about accusing crime victims of committing a crime in their own turn by filing false police reports. I think such accusations anyhow violate forum rules and belong to the trash bin or in the hands of a competent lawyer.

The best defense is a strong offense so off you go to dismiss me as a spammer and sophomoric. Fine, then let's deal with the statements that were presented as facts shall we?

- Why are you stating that I have dismissed the allegations as false and that I am suggesting the claimants have made a false report? That's a false statement. If you want to quote forum rules, please read them first and then follow them yourself. Not off to a good start are you?

. Substantial information has been presented? Please give me a hint. On Mr. Drummond's blog I see no additional information given such as the name of the representatives of the foreign office that dismissed the allegations. Nor do I see any reference to the police officials involved. Surely, this information is not "confidential"? If officials have acted inappropriately, why not say who they are? That's investigative journalism.

- Mr. Drummond's blog dismisses any questions of this possible crime as being the work of "retards" and "malcontents" Ok, however, I do not think it is unexpected that rational folk will question the reliability of stories that appear in the Daily Mail and that are coloured with sensationalistic filler. Today's Daily Mirror features photos of Emma Watson in a bikini, the headline "John Prscott Breaks Down as He Discovers Family Incest Secret", lots of show business gossip and another exciting headline "Father's agony as he is forced to choose between saving his wife or son from drowning". And you question why anyone of sound mind would ask for some facts? The Daily Mail is hardly the place to go for reliable information is it?

- I see now that Mr. Drummond is backing away from the use of the reference to a Clockwork Orange. Does this mean that he appreciates that the use of such a reference cast the entire story into doubt? Maybe the allegations are true. However, as I stated before, the victims were not done any favours in the way the story was reported.

- How has Mr. Drummond confirmed the events? How did his colleagues confirm the events? Will this information be forthcoming or am I supposed to just accept this based on the statement. Again, please tell me where I can find that information.

- Reference is made to a very short acting drug, dormicum. Ok. I take it a blood sample was taken from the subjects and a rape kit was used on both victims right? This information has been given to a reliable lab, right? It is possible to identify the presence of a sedative in a blood sample, even if that drug is rapidly metabolized. There will be detectable byproducts that at the very least will provide an indication of what was used. If a rape kit was not used, then a tissue swab/ sample was taken, right?

-Reference is made to a "doctor" stating that his exam revealed "rape". Unfortunately, consensual sexual activity between the two victims could also provide similar results, so there is going to have to be more than this to go with.

- So far, all I have seen are references to important known foreigners being implicated. Ok. If Mr. Drummond is that certain, how about naming names? Who are these mysterious rapists? If these rapists are known and are at large, shouldn't the community be warned?

The allegations may be true, but the manner in which the case has been reported, the sensationalistic bent and the overt hostility to anyone that asks questions (see some of those questions raised by others) suggests to me that the people alleging the crime are in turn being used by someone to push his "journalism" and to make a living. If these people were raped and not the victims of "misadventure", then I fully support their attempt to obtain justice. However, before people like me accept the allegations, there is going to have to be some actual fact presented. There are far too many claims of crimes made, only to see them turn out as twisted tales. If Mr. Drummond wants to help these people, he should stick to the facts and avoid the Fleet Street quality hype.

And now I'll wait for additional facts to be reported by the altruistic crusading Mr. Drummond.

Edited by geriatrickid

Not directly related to the incident in question, but The Mail on Sunday ran what could best be described as a pretty trashy story about Tiger Woods' private life yesterday - and today Tiger Woods has been in the news venomously denying the allegations.

The only thing that separates this rag from a tabloid IMHO is its size.

Interesting comments about Ko Chang. I went there once, 23 years ago. It was a sleepy place with a few huts. Too bad how things change for the worse, same for many other places. Thought of going to visit there again, but now doubtful.

As for Drummond, ....why cast aspersions at the messenger?

Hope they catch and jail the culprits for a long time. Despicable crime. Nearly as despicable is Thai police asleep-at-the wheel attitude.

Koh Chang, my Friends is very much Lawless. I heard first hand of these similar stories from a Farang Barman that stumbled apon and witnessed an attack like this. He knew of these men carrying out these attacks before, terrorizing girls and couples climbing in though the roofs of thier huts. He told me many an awful story, and I quite believed him.

KOH CHANG is a very very dangerous island, please enjoy the rest of Thailand, do not go to Koh Chang.

Only 3 weeks ago an English couple i know were visiting me in Pattaya, they decided to go to KoChang for a first time visit and after spending a couple of days there they had there bungalow burgled and trashed losing there valuables.

Again the police went to the crime scene only to suggest that an outsider like a coach driver on his way out of the island could have done the crime.

I would also agree that Ko Chang is, as the above post suggests a lawless place.

I have to say something about Koh Chang,as i am living here.

IMHO this beautiful island is not more dangerous than other islands in Thailand.

I don't have any reason to disbelieve this appalling story,nor i want to say that K. Chang is a paradise on earth,but to say that K.Chang is dangerous while the rest of the world is safe,is pure BS.

While this topic remains closed, it will be updated with fresh news reports as they become available.

If you come across an article you feel would be worthwhile posting, please click on the REPORT button below this post to alert the moderating team.

--

Maestro

Brit couple's Thai rape horror

Generic-Koh-Chang-p_942150a.jpg

Horror ... Koh Chang where rape ordeal was said to have taken place

By ANTHONY FRANCE

Crime Reporter

Published: 04 Dec 2009

A TERRIFIED Brit couple told today how they were drugged and gang-raped in Thailand as Scotland Yard launched its own probe.

The victims had their drinks spiked with a powerful drug used to relax condemned Death Row inmates after meeting three Frenchmen and an English woman in a bar.

Susan, 31, and Richard, 42, passed out within minutes of being lured back to a holiday bungalow in Koh Chang.

But company director Richard came to briefly to see his civil servant girlfriend being raped.

Richard, who was forced against a bungalow window, recalled: "I had no strength or ability to resist or fight.

The%20Sun.gif

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...l#ixzz0YoRU9kMg