Kubota Krt 140 Plus

samuidave

I've often wondered myself ........ you are aware that they are based on the single cylinder "iron buffalo" type engines?

Personally, would opt for a used small Yanmar, Iseki, Kubota or similar, only because to me they're a known quantity and after 20years experience I understand what they are capable of - and over 50rai or so, I think a 4WD 14hp - 24hp Iseki, Yanmar .. or whatever is going to be able to offer a lot more for a lot less cost, but that said - to answer your questions: yes, the machine you have in mind has plentyplenty torque (you'll be suprized just how much luggin power it has - loaaaaadsss!), will quite adequetly be able to handle the tasks you have in mind - withotu any problems at all.

Can I ask what this model is going for?

Edited by Maizefarmer

I've often wondered myself ........ you are aware that they are based on the single cylinder "iron buffalo" type engines?

Personally, would opt for a used small Yanmar, Iseki, Kubota or similar, only because to me they're a known quantity and after 20years experience I understand what they are capable of - and over 50rai or so, I think a 4WD 14hp - 24hp Iseki, Yanmar .. or whatever is going to be able to offer a lot more for a lot less cost, but that said - to answer your questions: yes, the machine you have in mind has plentyplenty torque (you'll be suprized just how much luggin power it has - loaaaaadsss!), will quite adequetly be able to handle the tasks you have in mind - withotu any problems at all.

Can I ask what this model is going for?

No, I was not aware that the motor is based on the single cylinder "iron buffalo" type engines -- what does that mean, as I have no experience with farm equipment?

The tractor lists with the dealer at 145,000 give or take a thousand baht.

Thanks for your words so far.

I was also looking at the 14 hp Kubota but choosed to go up one step to the 24 hp. The price we got on the 14 hp was 195 000 bath including 5 disk plough and the knife in front. For the 24 hp with 5 disk plough and knife we payed 354 000 (cash). The 14 hp is 2WD and belt driven but the 24hp is 4WD and not belt driven. We will do alot of ploughing and then i think we will need the ekstra power and the 4WD.

The belt drive on these tractors may be Okay but I'd much prefer the direct drive of the larger tractors. Those are long belts and I would guess they are quite expensive. I think the power take off is an option.

There's a guy in the next Village wizz's past our place every morning on one complete with the usual wooden trailer on the back. It has a spade/shovel or whatever on the front and does look rather odd. reminds me of noddy . I'd certainly like to see it in action but he's always in a hurry and gone in the blink of an eye. I wondered wether he could take the rear wheels off to get more traction :)