Importing Dog From China

Pava

We are moving to Bangkok and bringing our toy poodle. We have been getting conflicting information from the movers and the airlines regarding dogs entering Thailand from China. Some are saying that there is a recently new restriction forbidding animals to enter from China. Others are saying there is no such restriction. Online we also find conflicting info and the embassy and consulate advise that they don't know and it's not their responsibility to advise on animals.

Please help! We are so lost and confused! I don't want to arrive and find out that our pet must be sent back or must be put down etc.!

Also we were advised that they must fly as cargo and not as excess baggage. Has anyone experienced this? I heard it is very noisy and scary, and they must be dropped off 5 or 6 hours before the flight. And our experience here in China is that there is not much compassion for animals anyways, so we are so scared to imagine what they will endure for those hours.

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated!

Pava

Do you know of anyone in China who would give it a good home?

We were going to import a pup that my wife fell in love with while visiting the States. After checking all internet sources, and talking to the Thai officials here, we gave up.

As with most things involving Thai officials, you get as many different answers as the number of people you ask.

try flipping thru the pinned thread above for importing pets to thailand; second, u have to speak with the agric. department at the airport in thailand; third: where the dog goes on the airplane is dependant on the airline u fly with. consulates wont help much. u need a veterinarian who knows the latest regs in both countries (or a vet that can find out for you) to advise u.

good luck,

bina

israel