Italy In Pattaya

tukmoon

hi

Not sure about italian books or papers but for the football you will find it difficult to find places to view if the games are on around the same time as the english premiership, italian football doesn't have a big following in thailand every bar you will go to will have the premiership on

:D seeing the number of replies, it looks as though i'm the only italian in Pattaya....

Not quite, it's just that an English-speaking forum is not exactly the right place to look for Italians :)

.....trustful and patient to get other joining.....

Happy weekend

Well, i happen to be an Italian, e here's my opinions:

Newspapers: major bookstores in major shopping malls (Royal Garden, Carrefour, etc.)

Books: forget about it, even in Bangkok you don't find them

Serie A: look for Italian-run bars and restaurants. For example, on Walking Street soi happy (look for the Happy a Go Go Sign) the 2nd last bar before the A Go Go is run by an Italian guy from Rome, his name Luca, there you can meet Italian people and watch Serie A football matches on the bar's TV apparel.

Edited by kebabbaro

Hi Kebbabaro,

my name is Roberto. I'm coming to live to Pattaya from end next January. Nice to know about Luca's bar and about you.

Thank you so much.

Help me to keep alive this "Italy in Pattaya" subject.......

...you know we are mammoni and have nostalgy.

Hiya , there are stacks of Italiani around. Ask Padre Giovanni Contarin at the Camillian Centre Rayong or if you telephone there Marco a volunteer who is more likely to be available.

Saluti da Richard

Hi Richard

do you have the telephone of Padre Giovanni? or a map indication to go there? You can post me privately.

A presto vederti

R

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kebbabaro,

my name is Roberto. I'm coming to live to Pattaya from end next January. Nice to know about Luca's bar and about you.

Thank you so much.

Help me to keep alive this "Italy in Pattaya" subject.......

...you know we are mammoni and have nostalgy.

Hi Roberto,

I sent you a PM with the Internet address of Italian-Thai communities.

I don't know if you received it yet.

By the way, don't worry about nostalgia: Pattaya is not exactly an isolated place, for in Pattaya you can find 40+ Italian resturants and a solid community of Italians either expatriates or tourists.

Trust me, you will never find yourself short of Italian mates to hang out with :)

Best Regards.

Hiya , there are stacks of Italiani around. Ask Padre Giovanni Contarin at the Camillian Centre Rayong or if you telephone there Marco a volunteer who is more likely to be available.

Saluti da Richard

Hi Richard

do you have the telephone of Padre Giovanni? or a map indication to go there? You can post me privately.

A presto vederti

R

Ask for Marco if Fr G is not in

tel. +66-38685480

http://www.camillian-rayong.org/en/contact.asp

If you are quick you will get an invite to the kids christmas party.

Buon Natale

Richard e Sea

• 2 weeks later...