British Expats And Tourists Encouraged To Register With New Embassy Tracking System

webfact

I assume that most British citizens move to Thailand because they do not want to get tracked by their government.

Aye, then after you register the taxman comes knocking!

I'll do them a deal...I won't bother them if they won't bother me.....tongue.gif

Hey thats exactly what I was thinking. :)

Remember you said that when your hospital bills get too high and you decide you need the NHS or when you need a pension in your old age.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear British Citizens in Thailand

Thank you for registering on our LOCATE online registration system. The system is designed for both short term visitors and long term residents in Thailand. It is one of the main tools which the British Embassy will use to provide advice and help to you in the event of an emergency situation of any kind.

I would like to suggest that you consult our Travel Advice for Thailand on a regular basis. It can be found on the following website.

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for...s/travel-advice

In particular, may I to draw your attention to a key paragraph below, copied from our current Travel Advice.

The political situation in Thailand is tense and uncertain. British citizens should exercise great caution throughout Thailand and avoid demonstrations or large gatherings of people that might turn violent. It is likely that there will be mass protests by anti-government demonstrators in and around Bangkok. A court decision due on 26 February 2010 is a potential flashpoint. If, as is quite possible, anti-government protests turn violent, British citizens should stay indoors and monitor the media and this website.

We will update the travel advice as and when the situation changes.

If you wish to contact our consular section, please use the following address: ConsularEnquiries.Bangkok(at)fco.gov.uk

Yours sincerely,

Quinton Quayle

British Ambassador

British Embassy Bangkok

---------------------------------------------------------------

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

90 % of those on here complaining about this and the bkk embassy in general , will when the shiite hits the fan go running to...........the Embassy office.

1. I have been arrested for doing some illegal drugs/ driving drunk etc etc

2. I have no money to pay the big hospital bills, as I went private as at the government hospital no one spoke English etc etc.

3. I have been scammed whilst trying to make a quick buck working illegally and opening a brothel... can you help and fly me home..

4. Etc etc etc

As for the big brother fear mongers, they can watch you via your webcam when computer is on standby if needed. So why worry about already held information stating you are in a country ? Maybe you should switch your phone of to.

Personally I registered some information but then again I’m not on the run or owing money anywhere.

Maybe it will help me get out of dodge if needed for real in the future.

Maybe some suit somewhere will one day right a report that I just brought a 7-11 hotdog in so1 22 Bkk..

Who cares ?

looks like it's a usuful tool for travelling/staying not only to thailand, but anywhere in the world.

but the timing of this campaign says, that something unpredictable migh be happening in thailand shortly

I would say that it's predictable..... and worrying!

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. :D

I reg'd with the Oz gov't years ago.

If the shit is going to hit the fan, I want to know about it. :)

Just watch the news, or log on to Thai Visa! No shit hits the fan without it being on here.

Does not seem like a bad idea to me. If I were run over by a taxi in Bangkok, it might be nice to be able to have the embassy contact my next of kin rapidly. Works the other way too. I'm not paranoid, the government has everything they need on me anyway. I'm not British but if I was traveling and had an easy way to do the registration as is suggested here, why not? For those of you hiding out in Thailand, from ex-wives or the taxman I suggest you skip the registration process. Why all the drama over something that really is not a bad idea.

Yes not a bad idea: Stalin, Mao, Pot, Hitler would have been great advocates of such a system.

PS remember that many governments are effectively proven criminals, liars, cheats and murderers. The more information they have helps them do their job much easier!

Back to the sixth form with you......

Just watch the news, or log on to Thai Visa! No shit hits the fan without it being on here.

In fact, TV is so far ahead of the other media, we sometimes have several pages of posts, before the event has even happened ! Now if only I could get next week's lottery-numbers off TV, in advance ... :)

A similar thread used to be pinned, but seems to have slipped off the radar.

I see it is in this thread

at the top of General Topics.

The electronic Locate system has been around for at least 4 years...................

Interesting the British Embassy in Thailand has only just caught on. :)

If you were caught in the Sunami in Thailand

or in Lebanon when Israel attacked, you might just have been glad that you

government knew where to find you.....................