Weekly Shopping Bill For A Family Of 3

getithere328

if i go to stock up on ( back home items) TEA , the others are right pack what you like and arrange for someone to send to you before you leave.

<deleted> is this, does your mum do that for you. :D

Can you provide some details, 6,000 or 10,000, this is a big diferance for people on a budget. :)

we are a family of three, and without any booze, spend about 7000 a week

Here in Phuket, ( prices are not really any diferent for supermarket that i have seen) , family of three all adults (my daughter is 15) we average spend about 3,500 for groceries which inculde toileters, washing liquid,etc and such.

We also eat out maybe 3 nights a week. When we eat out (not lobster/steak etc) thai food about 500 baht. Japanese food and /or western 800-1,000 baht/meal

Lunches; wife eats MaMa, Daughter eats at school and I usually make a sandwich or chicken and sticky rice from locals weekends Somtom :-)

so we average for a month about $600, ( includes cat food) (20,000 baht or so) all inclusive

No booze

Edited by phuketrichard

Could you detail what your saying.

6,000 to 10,000 total all in or

10,000 plus trips to the shops, if so how much for the extra trips.

Sorry, what I meant was about Bt6000 split over 2 or 3 trips to the large shops, such as BigC or Carrefour and then another Bt4000 for purchases made at the market, food from carts etc. It might be less as I'm including nappies and baby milk in that figure which will run a couple of thousand a month actually.

What I find is that having a vehicle makes it easier and I can go more often, as and when I wish, whereas before I had a truck, I'd eat out more and would resort to a once every so often shop by hiring a taxi and have it wait for me.

I know that my missus "budgets" (she doesn't know the meaning of the word !) around Bt200 a day for food, virtually buying every day or more than once a day. Noodle cart is Bt30 for a big bowl with extra dumplings and extra pork !