King’s Cup Work Permit Crackdown Rumors Are False

webfact

I am sorry but I do not think you know what you are talking about. I officiated in Bangkok with 430 athletes and officials in a world championships from all over the world and nobody had a work permit. I know Thailand can be different but, a lot of eastern block country's plus Cuba can be difficult but only with your visa.

Actually, we do know what we are talking about. The fact that you worked illegally in Bangkok has led you to the assumption that you didnt need a work permit. That assumption would be wrong. You did need a work permit and you should have had one.

The law is quite clear. You need a work permit to work. Really - you do ! Pro sportsmen get work permits before they come to events here. So does Madonna, Linkin Park etc etc. they have management who deal with this. The fact that you officiated without a work permit and didnt get caught is an irrelevance. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse !

Of course, the chances of getting caught are slight in a high profile event - however, imagine making the wrong decision against some well connected Thai people...................you'd soon find out that your papers were not in order and they'd kick you out of the tournament!

As a further analogy - and to paraphrase your reasoning, i substituted the word 'officiated' with 'teaching'

I taught in Bangkok with 430 students and teachers in a school with students from all over the world and nobody had a work permit.

Therefore the conclusion i have come to is that teachers don't need work permits........................... :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two quick thoughts here...

One, not everyone involved in yacht racing is a millionaire... some of us are working stiffs who love the sport... this is especially true for crew.

Two, Eric, yes big name entertainers do need indeed the proper visa/permits... why do you think MOST big concerts do Singapore and Hong Kong, conveniently missing BKK?

That would explain why ACDC is not playing BKK. Tokyo here I come.

Two quick thoughts here...

One, not everyone involved in yacht racing is a millionaire... some of us are working stiffs who love the sport... this is especially true for crew.

Two, Eric, yes big name entertainers do need indeed the proper visa/permits... why do you think MOST big concerts do Singapore and Hong Kong, conveniently missing BKK?

March 12th

Edited by alstaxi