Building Rooms For Letting In Pattaya

getithere328

A factor no one has mentioned yet is the exchange rate. A few years ago a UK pound would have got you 67 Baht. Today it will get you 54 Baht. I expect that to drop below 50 Baht by the end of next year. If I'm right, then anyone from the UK thinking of investing in Thailand could lose say 10% just by delaying.

'Business success is a little more than having an idea

An idea that has not been proven with a sound business plan equals failure'

utter rubbish, you sound like an accountant a typical person that figures out the odds based on prior success or failure, sitting behind the doers in life earning a wage for nothing, i agree this plan hasn't been thought through but your advice is that of a public sector worker on a daily wage wishing people would fail, the difference between an entrepreneur and you is something you will never understand.

'Business success is a little more than having an idea

An idea that has not been proven with a sound business plan equals failure'

utter rubbish, you sound like an accountant a typical person that figures out the odds based on prior success or failure, sitting behind the doers in life earning a wage for nothing, i agree this plan hasn't been thought through but your advice is that of a public sector worker on a daily wage wishing people would fail, the difference between an entrepreneur and you is something you will never understand.

Very well put :)

I am a qualified accountant and object somewhat to the concept that accountants earn money for nothing. But I was also an entrepreneur who made a lot of money during his career and so I kind of understand the point.

There is always a good reason not to do anything and it is usually an accountant or lawyer who says don't do it.

However there is a very very good reason not to do what the OP is proposing and that is he will not own the land the building he proposes sits on.

I am aware of all the ways round this. I am aware that people have been doing it for years and the Thais have not (yet) moved against them. I am aware that the land can be registered in his Thai wifes/girlfriends/whatever name and she will lub him fewever but at the end of the day he can not legally own the land this building will be sat on.

For me end of discussion. Others make take what risks they feel comfortable with...

However there is a very very good reason not to do what the OP is proposing and that is he will not own the land the building he proposes sits on.

Partly true.

He can of course get a 30 year lease on the land, and use the extra costs involved in the viability calculations.

Actually, with such a building I would say the lease is much less of an encumbrance then for example owning a luxury house the same way, as if and when you want to liquidate the asset the possibility to offload it to a Thai national/entity is much higher, so remaining years on the lease does not affect the value of the property as long as the lease can get annulled.

Forget the price of the room build cost try and buy the land first its astronomically priced anywhere around pattaya, Pie in the sky dreams if you can budget anywhere near your original build and running costs you only have to look at the prices of empty blocks for sale to work that one out. :D:)

Forget the price of the room build cost try and buy the land first its astronomically priced anywhere around pattaya, Pie in the sky dreams if you can budget anywhere near your original build and running costs you only have to look at the prices of empty blocks for sale to work that one out. :D:)

Well, the OP has already sorted the land, he was simply looking to something with it!