New Year's Party In Chiang Mai

Ave

I'm planning to get away from Pattaya to celebrate new year in Chiang Mai but I would like to avoid going to expensive restaurants or tourist places if possible. The last time I was there I was taken to a semi-private party for youngish people - 20-40 - just outside Chiang Mai where they played some really nice dance music, it was some kind of chill out rave party if you know what I mean, nothing to heavy. Unfortunately I can't remember where it was. I would like to take my Thai friend there and spend some quality time to make us forget about the usual Pattaya scene for a change. Does anybody know where the hot party is in Chiang Mai..?

Hi Ave, would you rather have this in the CM forum? might get more specific local knowledge that way

Hi sbk, no I wouldn't mind at all.

The reason for posting it in the ladies forum is because at least for new year I want to be in a more farang female environment rather than the usual farang male/thai female one. I would like to get to know more female farang outside Pattaya. I wouldn't mind a 100% Thai party either but something a little bit different from the Pattaya scene, if you know what I mean. Cheers

Give me until the end of the week (or at lastest early next week) and I wil try to compile a list of parties/events/special dos for the New Year/Christmas time. it will have to be a link to my site however! So, have to ask George about it first...George? Can I make a link to CityNow! from CM's main thread? Please advise. Cheers, P. (Oh, and for you ladies, I have a ladies night this month, please feel free to PM me for information, it is simply a big party!)

• 2 weeks later...