Cost To Fill Land

I have been looking to purchase some land in Bangkok for building a house, and i wondering if any one knows the cost of filling out of the land, and how one might calculate the estimated total cost.

For example one piece land is 150 sq wah. and probably about .5 meter below street level.

How high above street level would you recommend the land be filled, and how would one go about estimating the cost.

Please no "do you really need any land" or "you can't buy any land" replies, lets keep it about the cost of dirt only thanks.

I had 160 truck loads at 250 baht per truck which included tractor work this was for approximately half a rai, cost 40,000baht. At that price just to bring to grade (5M) is about 320,000baht.

thats a nice price. I payed 500 baht for one truck (ordered about 10 trucks). what kind of truck was that? when was it?

Wow!

Where are you guys finding these prices in BANGKOK!???

I'd like to talk with them. Standard prices I am aware of IN BANGKOK are about 2000 baht per 10 cube truck.

So, sounds like you need a minimum .8m x 600 sq meters = 480 cubes. Say 50 trucks.

So your budget should probably be about 100k baht.

If you want to do a full 2m, you will need to allocate about 250k.

Why so much higher in Bangkok that the rest of LOS? Boys in Brown.

Edited by gregb

I would have not fill any land. Instead, I would get the contractor to dig down a further 1m, place in the pile foundation, and then build a half basement such that my 1st floor is 1.2m above road level.

After constructing the basement and water and septic tanks, I will then fill in the space between basment wall and fencing with sand and planting soil, for landscape purpose.

Edited by trogers

Thanks for the replies. I have had some Thai friends tell me that 250 per cubic meter (2500 per 10meter truck) would be normal.

Which seems to be inline with the 2000 per truck which people have said above...

I wish i could find the 250 per truck as someone said..but that doesn't really seem to realistic based on the above info?

2500 would be for a top quality soil, cheaper if from demolition (mixed with wood or concrete).

do at least some 1 metre above the street level and you don't have to do the whole lot in one time, if you don't have much money. House and driveway should be high, but garden can be lower - if it's not flooding now, you can leave it as it is.