Deleting Programs

eljeque

On my computer, I have

Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1

1.1 Hotfix

2.0 Service Pack 183 MB

3.0 Service Pack 2 169 MB

3.5 SP1 28MB

CAN I DELETE THE 1.1, 1.1 HOTFIX AND 2.0?

SAVING ONLY THE 3.0 AND THE 3.5 ?

next .....

Deleting Windows Live Essentials 53.77MB ?

To my knowledge, I do not have any need for it.

I do not use Outlook or Outlook Express if that matters.

The answer is no in most cases but you can decide for yourself.

The below answer taken from Aaron Stebner, the guy who created Microsoft .NET Framework Cleanup Tool.

When you install the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, it will also install the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and the .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 behind the scenes. You cannot use the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 unless you also have the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2 installed. Therefore, you will not be allowed to uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 or 3.0 SP2 if you have the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed. If you try to uninstall those versions of the .NET Framework, their uninstall processes will block and tell you that they are needed by another application
on your system.

The .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework 1.1 can be installed side-by-side with the .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5. Most applications that were created for the .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1 will automatically use the .NET Framework 2.0 instead if it is installed on the system. In most cases, that means you do not need to keep the .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1 installed on your system if you already have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed.