Looking For Long-term Rental Accomodation In Pattaya

allane

I am looking for a simple studio apartment for long-term rental. It must have an attached bath and air-conditioning. I am looking for a place in the 5000 - 8000 baht/month range.

With a slight handicap, I would prefer a place that is on a lower floor in a building, if the building has no lift.

It is not necessary that you give me contact information at this time, as I won't be moving for a few more months.

I speak Thai well enough that if you describe the building, I will go by, look at the exterior and the neighbourhood, and if I like the place, walk in and talk to the manager.

Feel free to send me a Private Mail, if for some reason you don't want to describe the place here.

It is pointless to look NOW if you aren't moving "for a few months". What is available today may not be there in a few months. There are plenty of decent condos for long term rental for 8K or less. When you are about a month away from moving, THEN look.

Edited by rmicheald

Thanks to all who have replied so far,including those who sent Private Mails. I presently live in Bangkok,and am scheduled to be in Pattaya several times over the next month, for several days each time. I plan to use this time to check out different neighbourhoods and buildings.

I just spent the last week looking for apartments...primarily focused on Jomtien. I visited at least 20 buildings. There are many apartments available, many are only available for long-term rental. Problem is finding them. Some are listed by decent agents (with good websites), some listed by crappy agents with really out of date websites, some just have signs hanging on balconies (which meas a lot of driving and walking around the properties).

I HIGHLY recommend visiting each building before putting money down. A few of the buildings were really run down...but obviously looked great on the internet. It is high season now, so the selection is a lot less than it will be in 2-3 months. We lucked out and got an agent who was great. Really nice guy to work with. PM me if you want his contact info.

Craig