Another Place To Eat Breakfast

aussiechick

For those of you who live in the Carrefour area - Soi Yume has a new place for breakfast. La Bella Roma, only opened about 10 days ago. It is just before Pattaya Klang Plaza entrance.

Breakfast - 2 rashes bacon, 2 eggs (fried or scrambled) 2 sausages, fried tomato, mushrooms, 2 toast, jam, coffee or tea Baht 140. It was well cooked and the suausages were tasty. Walking distance for me.

The Italian guy that owns it waiting for his work permit so he can add more things to the meu. At the moment there, apart from breakfasts, baguettes, burgers, sandwiches and Thai food is available- he will be adding pizzas and lots more Italian as soon as he is legal.

Will keep you posted when I have tried the other things on the menu and when the Italian food happens; but at the moment breakfast is good.

syd - didn't notice the tea bags as I am a coffee drinker, will check for you. The sausages were definitely not Thai - pork with flavour (herbs?) not fat sausages either. Yes can have marmalade or jam.

I think this guy will do well once he starts with his Italian food. He is friendly and seems to know what he is doing!

Im sure the Italian guy is well chuffed you have advertised he is working illegally.

spoonman - I think you misunderstood me - "The Italian guy that owns it waiting for his work permit so he can add more things to the menu" - he has Thai staff who can do breakfast and the sandwiches etc - obviously he isn't working and was talking to me about what was happening.

I am so glad that you think I am that stupid that I would do something like that!!

Over 4 bucks for a couple eggs and sausages is no bargain...I'll stick with Crazy Dave's for the same meal at half the cost...free entertainment provided by Dave as well :D

I prefer to have sane people handling my food. :)

what aboput a good fry up in banngok,any suggestions?

Breakfast in Bangkok is usually way overpriced and not that tasty in my opinion. My favorite is probably Bourban Street, but it is not as good I would expect compared to their dinner menu.

cheers,ive only tryed gullivers,that wasnt nothing to write home about

I have lived on soi yme for several years and am not aware of Pattaya Klang Plaza. Is that the same as Carrefour?

jmac - its where K.P.K. is. All the shop houses and condos etc that go through from Soi Yume to 3rd Road. La Bella Roma is just before there (coming from Carrefour) on Soi Yume.

ausiechick

Breakfast in Bangkok is usually way overpriced and not that tasty in my opinion. My favorite is probably Bourban Street, but it is not as good I would expect compared to their dinner menu.

cheers,ive only tryed gullivers,that wasnt nothing to write home about

My favourite place for breakfast in Bangkok is Texan Lone Star in Washington Square. Can't remember the price. All their food is good but I love breakfast. They also open at 6:00a.m.

Directions to La Bella Roma - drive down Soi Yume, which is the street beside Carrefour. Continue on past Carrefour and past I am International Clinic. On your right will be construction work of condominiums - on your left will be a row of shop houses, approximately in the middle is the restaurant - it is only 1 shophouse wide. If you reach a left hand turn which had a blue "monument" in the middle of it that is the entrance for Pattaya Klang Plaza and you have gone about 5 shop houses too far.

Over 4 bucks for a couple eggs and sausages is no bargain...I'll stick with Crazy Dave's for the same meal at half the cost...free entertainment provided by Dave as well :D

I prefer to have sane people handling my food. :)

You need a scrambled brain in order to serve proper scrambled eggs. :D

The reason I actually put this place up on the forum was that there isn't a great deal of breakfast places in this area - we already have "the best breakfast" but this was, as I stated "For those of you who live in the Carrefour area - Soi Yume has a new place for breakfast."

I really was just letting people in this area know - I know all the other places as I am sure all who read the forum do too.

I recommend the SOS at Bourbon Street, especially if you haven't had it in a while.

syd - didn't notice the tea bags as I am a coffee drinker, will check for you. The sausages were definitely not Thai - pork with flavour (herbs?) not fat sausages either. Yes can have marmalade or jam.

I think this guy will do well once he starts with his Italian food. He is friendly and seems to know what he is doing!

uhmmmm. I'm italian (di Roma!!). nice to hear about this combination of Thai and Italian food.

I'm planning to live in Pattaya from next January...and my home is not far from it.

La Bella Roma: "you will see me everey day"!

Ciao a tutti.