British Passport Renewal

:) Hi There Folks

Can anyone help me please? I think u can renew your British Passport at the British Embassy in Bangkok.

I have a little poser in that my passport actually matures in March 2010, but at the beginning of Feb 2010 I have to report for my 90 day stamp re: my extension on Marriage.

I am a little concerned that they will not stamp for 90 days and is it possible to apply just for a new passport and is there any quiestions on your present one.

In the UK one used to send it off and then it was returned and the corner was cut off and the new one sent at the same time.

One reason for wanting to go down to Bangkok in person is that I do not want to risk my present passport going missing and is it possible just to get a new one full stop.

Thanks very much for any help and would very much appreciate it.

John H WEst

You are talking about doing a 90 day report, right?

They will stamp your report, as you only report that you have been in Thailand for 90 days. Nothing more. When you report, you have a valid passport adn I presume valid permisison to stay.

But in any case you need a new passport as under six month validity does not allow you access to most countries other than the UK if there were an emergency. I would do it now. Am not sure of the procedure but UK website for Bangkok normally has good and full information.

I would renew now too. More information on UK passport renewal here..

Once you have your new passport you will need to go to immigration to have your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) transferred to your new passport. There is no charge but photo copies of old and new passport will be required and a one page form will need completing.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Transfer-Sta...orm-file20.html

Always do these things early, looking in my passport I renewed it in June 2002, it runs out at the end of January 2013....

Likewise with my yearly extensions at Immigration did it 11 weeks early this year, all the years before notice it was around 8 - 10 weeks early.

Most Immigration offices do not want people doing extensions of stay more than 30 days early.

Always did mine in BKK, now we have a Nontaburi Office I asked them when I did my 90 day reporting last month, they said no problem to renew in January, my extension end 26th March..

I have renewed my passport at the British embassy twice, even when i have had a full page left and the passport is still valid for another 5 years. There is not a problem with renewing early and like most have said better to do it now if you have the time.