Satellite Tv - Our Journey

chrgrims

and we have a picture! its really messed up though, only around 10 channels and they are around channel number 660 and bad picture quality. i think the shop guys did some configuring of the pli. at least we got a lock on the satellite.

It looks like they have used old PLi software then, as the satellites.xml in the /var/etc directory is updated in Open-PLi and PLi Jade3 (Although a bit old now) so you should have over 150 radio and TV channels if you do a re-tune see the Pli Wiki on how to do this here

As to the picture quality, it should be perfect, if it is not, you have 12 months warranty on the box (I assume) so get it replaced.

the software version is 1.9. 27.06.2009, thats what PLi jade says when i press 4 for information. is this the latest version?

satthai sent me a huge multiswitch, its a star 9x12 cascade multiswitch. there are 4x4 inputs for satellites. every input set has 4 connections labeled as follows: high(h), high(v), low (h) and low (v). and then there are 2x6 outputs for receivers. these outputs have no labels except 1-12

is this box useful for me? i am only using one receiver now, the dreambox. later i might add another box for the bedroom.