Usa Free Annual Credit Report

I haven't requested the USA free annual credit report from the 3 credit agencies in a long while. I know I can get it mailed to my US address and then have it mailed to me, but given the choice, I would rather get it mailed directly here so.....................

can you request them to mail it be here? and if yes

how do you change your mailing address to an overseas one?

will they accept a PO Box?

Thanks

It's internet based now and the report is downloaded immediatly. You need to make it look like your ip address is from the USA.

And a law passed in congress a few years ago requires they be made available to each consumer once per year for free. The congress mandated data can be obtained at https://annualcreditreport.com. Note that many commercial operations (some of them with deceptive names such as "Free Credit Reports") are spoofing that web address and trying to sell basically the same data plus a few bells & whistles. The main shortcoming with the truly free data is that is lacks FICO scores (and that you can only access it if you have a US IP address). The commercial services will sell you the FICO scores in addition to the other data, but you have to be careful with them because some of them are big-time spammers and some of them are quite good at duping people into subscribing to monthly credit monitoring services that they may not need nor really want.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I had a trusted relative fill out the request for me back in the States. I gave him all of the information and talked him through it over the phone. He saved the report and emailed it to me. Maybe you could try that if you have someone who can do it?

I had a trusted relative fill out the request for me back in the States. I gave him all of the information and talked him through it over the phone. He saved the report and emailed it to me. Maybe you could try that if you have someone who can do it?

I could the same but I wouldn't want to that type of sensitive material emailed. If my friend was more savvy, I would ask him to encrypt the documents and then email them but unfortunately, he isn't.

It's internet based now and the report is downloaded immediatly. You need to make it look like your ip address is from the USA.

Yes I know, this is what prompted my inquiry here, thinking I had to change my mailing address

so,

how can I make my laptop look like is it accessing the website from the US and not Thailand?

Yes I know, this is what prompted my inquiry here, thinking I had to change my mailing address

so,

how can I make my laptop look like is it accessing the website from the US and not Thailand?

One way is to connect via a VPN service such as HotpSpotVPN.com. That encrypts the internet traffic to/from you computer as well, making it useful security enhances on those occasions when you need to connect to public wifi hotspots or to a hotel's wifi. The downside it this it does cost around $10 per month, though I'd argue that it's well worth it if you live abroad or travel frequency and are someone who manages their finances over the internet.

Edited by OriginalPoster