Internet Shop In Pattaya Recommendation Please

syd barrett

Can anyone recommend a good high-speed internet shop in Pattaya (hourly rate unimportant) where the owner of a laptop computer can go and plug it in, to update emails and surf the net etc.

The place I used to send visiting friends has closed down (surprise, surprise) ?

if your laptop doesn't already have one, why not invest in a USB WiFi modem then you can sit and surf pretty much anywhere where you can get a free access point...

Most bars and hotels have this and it does beat sitting in a sweaty internet cafe

Thanks for all the advice above. It is not for me, it is so I can point visiting friends in the right direction this Christmas/New Year.

Regarding free access points in Pattaya, are there any that are actually any good? My own personal experience of wireless access points in Pattaya has been very slow and useless.

Edited by syd barrett

Thanks for all the advice above. It is not for me, it is so I can point visiting friends in the right direction this Christmas/New Year.

Regarding free access points in Pattaya, are there any that are actually any good? My own personal experience of wireless access points in Pattaya has been very slow and useless.

It varies considerably. Many of the Farang-run bars have good connections, some are open to all and others require you (or your friends) to enter a key code.

For the latter this means you buy a drink or food and sit in comfort - stay a long time - have another drink! Most bars are happy enough if you just order coffee if that's your choice.

As for hotels - same applies - residents are given the key code - speed / quality varies considerably. If you get a good one, you can even use the internet from the comfort (and privacy) of your own room.

I had very few problems last time I was in Patts (April this year) and will do the same next time.

As was mentioned above "it does beat sitting in a sweaty internet cafe" also the cost of the USB dongle is soon covered by the fact that you no longer have to pay the internet cafe per hour. If your friends continue to carry their cable they can always revert to the "wired solution" if they can't find suitable WiFi.

Edited by VBF