Subway Bites The Dust...for Me

phetaroi

thanks for posting, i was thinking about stopping in subway @ MBK the other day..at the last minute i changed my mind and went somewhere else....

but i was craving it for some reason..now i know that i need to go back to america to get a subway sandwich

You would eat at Subway???!!! There are thousands of delis in America that serve real cold cuts and salads. Not processed meats and produce rejects. Even Quiznos is better than Subway!

thanks for posting, i was thinking about stopping in subway @ MBK the other day..at the last minute i changed my mind and went somewhere else....

but i was craving it for some reason..now i know that i need to go back to america to get a subway sandwich

You would eat at Subway???!!! There are thousands of delis in America that serve real cold cuts and salads. Not processed meats and produce rejects. Even Quiznos is better than Subway!

yes, i love quiznos too lol but i don't see any in thailand... i'm weird like that!! i like chain restaurants !! so tacky!! i know!! i can't help it!! i love to eat...actually it can be a really expensive nice dinner at some place fancy..., or freakin' sizzler....

i crave american fast food crap junk food..i admit it....

but i also loved eating a really healthy grilled fish this evening, so i'm not always eating bad, ok? lol

I regularly order a sandwich from Subway on Silom. Nearly always the club. Their meat and other contents always seem fresh and tasty and I love the fresh baked bread.

Can't remember when I last ordered the subway melt, though.

Want a good sandwich...go to Au Bon pain

I second that! Their Arizona chicken sandwich is delicious, no skin and no fat, and with jalapenos...........yummmmm!

Next best thing about Au Bon Pain is the consistency and quality of their food, unusual for Thailand.

"Real" delis sometimes have incredibly fatty beef...nothing better than a good roast beef sandwich.

Yes, Quiznos is better than Subway, but yes, none here that I know of.

I do kind of miss an occasional really good sandwich.

It's only a sandwich for heavens sake!

I am no Chef de Cuisine but, make my own rather than pay for these over-priced disappointments.

Well, for heavens sake, I don't want to go out and buy 3 kinds of cold cuts, bacon, and bread for just one sandwich. And, if I'm out an about I don't want to run to the market and run home just to eat.

Subway's meatball sandwich works for me. Consistently delicious in Bkk and Pattaya. Haven't found it at any other restaurants/delis.

I like the meatball sub too. The meatballs seem smaller than in the US though.

It's only a sandwich for heavens sake!

I am no Chef de Cuisine but, make my own rather than pay for these over-priced disappointments.

Well, for heavens sake, I don't want to go out and buy 3 kinds of cold cuts, bacon, and bread for just one sandwich. And, if I'm out an about I don't want to run to the market and run home just to eat.

That's the problem, not only do you have to stock several different fillings but the bread is only fresh they day you buy it. Unless, that is, you take to freezing individual packs of bread and main fillings but then is all that hassle really worth it?

Never tried Subway, and won't now, but can recommend Au Bon Pain.

Is Fatboy's in Pnom Phen or do they have many locations in Cambodia??? Looks good!!!

Only in PP (heard they planned on expanding elsewhere): check this out

http://www.fatboysubs.com/

Remember, both Cambodia and Laos were once French colonies. One thing the French did was teach the people to make good bread. Much better than anything here in Thailand.