Recommend Internet Provider In Jomtien

IAmNate

I posted this in the general forum as well...thinking it might be best here.

I just moved to the far end (opposite pattaya) of Jomtien. I'm looking for a RELIABLE (as much as possible anyways) internet service provider. I'm looking into 3bb because they are 'new on the block' but am looking for any suggestions from anyone else living in the area with a stron, fast connection.

I've had a TOT 2Mbps connection for the last month - about halfway down Jomtien Beach road – and quite happy with it. Installation was fairly quick through there were a few procedural issues that caused a bid of angst.

Don't know if the promotion is still running but the cost was Bt1605 for the connection to the system (no existing line into the building) which included 300 metres of cable. An extra 50 metres of cable cost Bt374.50. This brings the cable to the point of entry only and is not "installation" if there is no pre-existing cable going into the premises. In that case running the cable inside the building and connecting an ADSL/telephone line plug will cost a further Bt350. If you don't have to drill through a brick wall you can probably do the last step yourself.

In the last month the network was down once for an extended period - about five hours - but the TOT technician - not customer call centre - phoned back and reported that work was under way and explained that they were working on the problem. All in all much better service than I've experienced elsewhere.

I just pinged the server while writing this and the results are attached. Usually the download speed hovers about 1.75kbps but today, at the present time, it's much higher. For Bt490 a month a good deal.

post-94571-1260494649_thumb.jpg

I've had a TOT 2Mbps connection for the last month - about halfway down Jomtien Beach road – and quite happy with it. Installation was fairly quick through there were a few procedural issues that caused a bid of angst.

Don't know if the promotion is still running but the cost was Bt1605 for the connection to the system (no existing line into the building) which included 300 metres of cable. An extra 50 metres of cable cost Bt374.50. This brings the cable to the point of entry only and is not "installation" if there is no pre-existing cable going into the premises. In that case running the cable inside the building and connecting an ADSL/telephone line plug will cost a further Bt350. If you don't have to drill through a brick wall you can probably do the last step yourself.

In the last month the network was down once for an extended period - about five hours - but the TOT technician - not customer call centre - phoned back and reported that work was under way and explained that they were working on the problem. All in all much better service than I've experienced elsewhere.

I just pinged the server while writing this and the results are attached. Usually the download speed hovers about 1.75kbps but today, at the present time, it's much higher. For Bt490 a month a good deal.

Thanks for the detailed information. Right now I'm on the 'free' internet for where I am and its 657kbps down and 276kbps up...which is why I'm looking for my own service. I'll give TOT a call and get more details. Thanks again.

Maxnet / TTT never - repeat never worked more than a week or so in View Talay 5. I took it all back to them. I would leave for a few weeks come back for a weekend or a few days and it was DEAD! So by the time they sent someone to fix it I was ready to leave again. Worthless!!!!! They had to change the line from the street into View Talay 5 two times. G O O D L U C K