Why Thai Women Marry Foreign Men...

dom samui

Women are women, regardless of nationality.

Since the beginning of time instinct has taught them to mate with providers and be provided for.

This old chestnut pops up so often..... Blah blah blah.... All Thai women are bad.... Blah... Western women are all fat....

But, I do believe that there are more less-educated Thai girls going after Farang than there are well educated Thai girls doing the same thing. I can't say what skin colour they all have, but it is more likely that the better educated girls are whiter.

Those 'white' girls really do think that all Farang like darker skin more than whiter.

We know that some do and some don't. But you can see why the whiter girls might think this, can't you?

I prefer the whiter, more Chinese looking girls, I guess the ones that are not as 'pure blood' Thais as the others... :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

Even tho there are many thai girls that just want money, you can't convince me that a young man can't find young thai girl and be happy with her, in relationship or marriage without him being rich. I get a lots of girls in my country and I did in some others as well, so why wouldnt a girl be with me just for myself? I can't believe that EVERY thai girl wants money from a guy. And that video is pure crap. Just use common sense I'd say.

If you are 60 years old guy and you fall for 18-year old girl...then no comment.

I think you should spend some time in Issan and get to know the people here before you generalize so much !

I have met more bad girls in Bangkok than here, but some of my best female friends are in Bangkok.

Most Thai men want girls with money so they don't have to work for a living BUT Most Issan girls are farmers and come from poor backgrounds

whereas most city / Bangkok girls have good jobs and money in the bank

That is why Thai men want city girls

Oh oh..and now out comes the all (oops.."most") Thai men are lazy and dont want to work one. Im sorry to be heavy on the sarcasm, but really!

I don't know about not wanting to work but what about the ones that take off and leave the lady with the kids to provide for on her own.

This.

Even tho there are many thai girls that just want money, you can't convince me that a young man can't find young thai girl and be happy with her, in relationship or marriage without him being rich. I get a lots of girls in my country and I did in some others as well, so why wouldnt a girl be with me just for myself? I can't believe that EVERY thai girl wants money from a guy. And that video is pure crap. Just use common sense I'd say.

If you are 60 years old guy and you fall for 18-year old girl...then no comment.

I don't understand 'This'.

The point of my above statement was to say don't think all and only Thai girls are like those seen in the vid'.

You can meet a girl and be happy with her, the cynical will ask is she happy with you, and you don't have to be rich to do it.

But you are much better off meeting someone you are similar to. This, in my opinion, goes for intellect, wealth and age.

So you're right, if you are a 60 year old and she is an 18 year old who is fresh out of a village and you think you are entering an equal and balanced relationship then you are a fool. I think most men in this situation know the truth, they just try to kid themselves otherwise...

This as "I agree with this".

Other then that, I agree with your last post as well, my point being

, if you are a 60 year old and she is an 18 year old who is fresh out of a village and you think you are entering an equal and balanced relationship then you are a fool. I think most men in this situation know the truth, they just try to kid themselves otherwise...

Can this situation be changed? Not the physiological aspects. The social ones? Perhaps. Introduce Marriage licencing. Valid for, say, 3 years. Renewable only upon both parties application. Remove children from the divorce disputes, by making all offspring of broken marriages wards of state. Introduce compulsory fair prenaptual contracts (maintaining 'status quo' at the point of marriage). And no maintenance to either party....

Questions. 1. How many people will want to marry on these conditions?

2. Do YOU want such changes?

3. What do the unemployed lawyers and judges do?

:):D:D To make this really short: REMOVE MONEY FROM SEX ISSUES!

I did already. I just won't marry my gf nor any other ladies for that matter, so that I have no financial obligation whatsoever.

What's wrong with NOT marrying anyway? :D

Since the beginning of time instinct has taught them to mate with providers and be provided for.

This old chestnut pops up so often..... Blah blah blah.... All Thai women are bad.... Blah... Western women are all fat....

But, I do believe that there are more less-educated Thai girls going after Farang than there are well educated Thai girls doing the same thing. I can't say what skin colour they all have, but it is more likely that the better educated girls are whiter.

Those 'white' girls really do think that all Farang like darker skin more than whiter.

We know that some do and some don't. But you can see why the whiter girls might think this, can't you?

I prefer the whiter, more Chinese looking girls, I guess the ones that are not as 'pure blood' Thais as the others... :)

agree, and it is also true that the educated can travel and get visa on their own. between family money and career earnings they have no need to hook up with westerners out side of wanting to live on the wild side.

My biggest problem is how to give my son a "western" education and for him to retain his Asian family values.

That's an interesting one, and should really confuse the kid, Asian family values don't work anymore!

I do not really understand. Why not?

I don't know about not wanting to work but what about the ones that take off and leave the lady with the kids to provide for on her own.

probably the same as the ones from the west who do the same :) It's worth taking head out of sand sometime!

Those 'white' girls really do think that all Farang like darker skin more than whiter. We know that some do and some don't. But you can see why the whiter girls might think this, can't you? I prefer the whiter, more Chinese looking girls, I guess the ones that are not as 'pure blood' Thais as the others... :D

agree, and it is also true that the educated can travel and get visa on their own. between family money and career earnings they have no need to hook up with westerners out side of wanting to live on the wild side.

hmmm... they need to hook up with westerners if they want to live "on the wild side"? educated ones can travel and get visas on their own? on which barstool did you learn all that wisdom? :)

This.

Its all of the old guys that get burned by young girls that say that. If those old guys actually picked a girl close to their own league then there would be less problems but they are too stupid for that.

I am lucky I have a girl friend who does not like gold and both her and her family only want 100,000 Sinsod Which for a farang is very good Most of the greedy bastards want at least a million.

Only a 100,000 Baht ?

Sorry cant get my head around paying the sinsod. Each to their own I guess. I paid zero, and thai wife's family didnt ask for any. Even her sister married a German, he paid nothing. Havent met to many Thai guys who paid it either.

Saying that one of my clients was asked for 400k night before wedding in Surin for her family. He refused as he was already taking care of her 2 children she had with a Thai guy, the family would not let up, so he walked away. Sad as now the kids will struggle over her familes greed.

1) Marry/date girls only from the top schools (or graduates of the top schools)... Chula, Thammasat, Abac, Kasetsart, Bangkok U., etc...

2) Make sure they pay for you half the time, even if it's for something lesser... ex. if you pay for a nice dinner, they pay for dessert at a nice place (Ex. Haagen Dasz, or at least Svensen's etc.) or they pay for the movie.

You then most probably won't have a problem of the Thai girl going for you for your money, they might even have more money than you (or at least their family might). And it definitely ain't true that all these girls are "spoiled" brats either.

(watch the "exceptions" group start attacking very soon... :) )

*However, if you do marry, it is acceptable for them to ask 200,000 to 1 Million or more and it ain't because they need your money. In fact, at this level, the less the family needs the money, the more you pay (due to status). I've been to these weddings and that's really what the Thai groom pays.

Edited by junkofdavid2

1) Marry/date girls only from the top schools (or graduates of the top schools)... Chula, Thammasat, Abac, Kasetsart, Bangkok U., etc...

2) Make sure they pay for you half the time, even if it's for something lesser... ex. if you pay for a nice dinner, they pay for dessert at a nice place (Ex. Haagen Dasz, or at least Svensen's etc.) or they pay for the movie.

You then most probably won't have a problem of the Thai girl going for you for your money, they might even have more money than you (or at least their family might). And it definitely ain't true that all these girls are "spoiled" brats either.

(watch the "exceptions" group start attacking very soon... :) )

*However, if you do marry, it is acceptable for them to ask 200,000 to 1 Million or more and it ain't because they need your money. In fact, at this level, the less the family needs the money, the more you pay (due to status). I've been to these weddings and that's really what the Thai groom pays.

I doubt you mean 'pays' here, surely you mean shows.

The money is, as in my case, usually returned in full.

That is where the whole status thing comes in, it's all for show, to show your worth..

I doubt you mean 'pays' here, surely you mean shows.

The money is, as in my case, usually returned in full.

That is where the whole status thing comes in, it's all for show, to show your worth..

Fair enough comment.

However (correct me if I'm wrong), isn't it true that it's "rude" to "pre-negotiate" the return of the cash?

And that her parents will, on their own gratuitousness, return it to you and your wife out of "unexpected jai dee" (unexpected benevolence) ?

Edited by junkofdavid2

This is the first part of a series I saw back in September, it's worth seeing the whole thing, especially when all the farang husbands participate in a Thai cultural quiz at a village show/ meeting.

Some of their prospective husbands don't sound too promising- 'He drinks 3 bottles of spirits a day and now he's in hospital so he cannot drink!!'

Some of the relationships work, some don't.

What's the name of the series? Is it on youtube?

..also funny the amount of men on this forum that are obsessed with Thai cocks. Makes one wonder...

I'm obsessed with them -= the bloody things wake me up at 5am with their cock-a-doodle-doo-ing - they don't even lay eggs!

Why is it rude to pre-negotiate the return of the money? I did, no one seemed upset. Usually you take along someone to negotiate for you, but I didn't have to - they naed a price (via my wife-2-:) and I dutifully doubled it. Got it all back minus the party money (which I said I would pay for). Used xome of it to buy presents for the in-laws (new fridge, TV, pick-up etc) - not part of the 'agreement', just wanted to do it.

As to making them pay half etc at the movies, I never did that in the West. I have always paid when I take a girl on a date. If she invited a troupe along (never happened to me), then I would just pay hers and mine most likely - unless I invited them (which has happened on several occasions).

There is also this continual misconcepotion that we are all married to dark skinned ex-bar girls who never got past Matom 4 with familes that need continual financial support. The press in the West does a good job of propogating it, do we here really have to help them? I know many Farangs married to light skinned Thais, from financially stable families, with normal age gaps and a normal loving relationship.

For tourists it may be hard to find a Thai girl from such a background when the only ones that are visible are either hotel workers or bar girls and they only have 3 words of Thai, but for us expats we rub shoulders with normal middle class Thais everyday. We make friends with other expats married to such Thais and with Thai neighbours and collegues - we get introduced to their family and friends - we mix easier with people outside the tourist catch-net, so its not all that surprising that sometimes we do hit it off for the normal reasons of attraction and marry someone similar in status allround.

probably the same as the ones from the west who do the same :) It's worth taking head out of sand sometime!

My head is out. It is others that may not. I am not generalizing.

Its a shame but many of these films etc always er to the bad side of the country and not the good. I am british live in thailand and have been happily married to my Thai wife for 17 years with two children both been brought up speaking thai and English and went to UK schools tand still are to get Educted. She has never tried to conn me or extort money in any way. In fact i would say she is more frugal with money than most western women i know, we lived for 9 years in the UK. When you grow up not having much, i think you respect money more when you have it not in all cases i am sure. I am not saying all Thai women are like this by any means, i have met the guys in the bar with the old I bought her everything includaing a bar speach. But when your 55 and going out with an 18 year old get real. My Wife and I are only a year different age wise that probably helped. Yes she likes her Thai gold etc etc but no more than most. Thailand has allot of faults but more good things than bad i feel. Easy solution is dont marry a Thai and dont live here if you are so cheesed off with the place, as seems to be a common thread. We left Thailand for a few years and lived in Gabon and around west Africao with my Job, beleive me, Thai people have nothing when it commes to extortion compaired with some countries.

Very well said. I live in Thailand with my Thai wife and never want to return to the states. It's mainly the people - much warmer environment here. Sure there are problems, but the over all demeanor is far more pleasant here than stateside. I'm here to stay.

It is important that i realize that:

Thailand is a meet market, and Farangs are the meat.

Caution is the operative word.

What a ridiculous post. The above might be true of a few seedy areas, Nana or parts of Pattaya for example, but the people that go there know why they are there.

Its a shame but many of these films etc always er to the bad side of the country and not the good. I am british live in thailand and have been happily married to my Thai wife for 17 years with two children both been brought up speaking thai and English and went to UK schools tand still are to get Educted. She has never tried to conn me or extort money in any way. In fact i would say she is more frugal with money than most western women i know, we lived for 9 years in the UK. When you grow up not having much, i think you respect money more when you have it not in all cases i am sure. I am not saying all Thai women are like this by any means, i have met the guys in the bar with the old I bought her everything includaing a bar speach. But when your 55 and going out with an 18 year old get real. My Wife and I are only a year different age wise that probably helped. Yes she likes her Thai gold etc etc but no more than most. Thailand has allot of faults but more good things than bad i feel. Easy solution is dont marry a Thai and dont live here if you are so cheesed off with the place, as seems to be a common thread. We left Thailand for a few years and lived in Gabon and around west Africao with my Job, beleive me, Thai people have nothing when it commes to extortion compaired with some countries.

I have been married for 24 years and there is nothing I would change if I could go back in time. It depends on how you chose and from where you chose the one you want to spend the rest of your days and to be the mother of your children no matter what nationality.

Your post is so far the only one that explains that there is nothing wrong in marrying Thai women and to prove it, your statement, mine and of some other posters.

Thanks

so men from other countries DON'T abandon their wives & kids & provide no support? hmm what country is that then? lmao

It is far easier in the west to hold them accountable via the court system. Both men and women abandon their children, but when it happens here in Thailand, there is little recourse for the custodial parent other than turning to one's parents/family for support.

It is important that i realize that:

Thailand is a meet market, and Farangs are the meat.

Caution is the operative word.

What a ridiculous post. The above might be true of a few seedy areas, Nana or parts of Pattaya for example, but the people that go there know why they are there.

Do you think that a naive lonely elderly man realizes what is going on? Yes

Do you think that a young beautiful Thai women is attracted to the aforementioned mans 'good heart'? Not often

Have you ever seen a financially self sufficient hot Bangkok gal with a physically unattractive old Falang? No, not hot ones, but minging ones yes.

Tee prahtet Thai baht thao-gan jai dee keet wah kuhn mai kao jai If you want to speak to me in Thai then write in Thai as I've no idea what you are trying to say here...

Thailand is far from being a meat market, maybe you have been hanging out in the wrong areas and have been burnt. สมน้ำหน้า โง่เอง

If you are lucky enough to meet a decent girl in a decent place (not a knocking-shop) then it is possible to have a full and lasting relationship.

Your ridiculous post makes it sound like ALL Thai girls are on the hunt for Farang. They are not.