Why Thai Women Marry Foreign Men...

dom samui

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this is very true. Anyone who thinks different should think twice. They are seeking finacial security. The same happens all over the world.

Some poorer Thai men now go to Cambodia to seek wives as when they are there they are perceived as rich.

Same story in the west rich pop stars who earn millions have a large flock who are interested in them.

Also from the western mans perspective they get something. In the west we borrow money for 25 years off the Bank to work and pay off our huge mortages. In Thailand we can put 50 to 60 thousand dollars cash on the table and build very nice houses and our families own them no loans. Before we get bombarded with comments about we do not own them this is no different if you have a house in the west which you own with the bank. If you divorce and have children in the relationship in all likelyhood she will end up with the house.

Thailand provides many westerners with a very good standard of living. Be aware and what yopu are getting into. Do not put all your eggs in one basket.

My biggest problem is how to give my son a "western" education and for him to retain his Asian family values.

In summary I like the film....It should be shown to all who marry girls from rural areas. Would it have changed my mind? no. Because I knew all this before I made my commitment.

Edited by maprao

All of this is very true. Anyone who thinks different should think twice. They are seeking finacial security. The same happens all over the world.

Some poorer Thai men now go to Cambodia to seek wives as when they are there they are perceived as rich.

Same story in the west rich pop stars who earn millions have a large flock who are interested in them.

Also from the western mans perspective they get something. In the west we borrow money for 25 years off the Bank to work and pay off our huge mortages. In Thailand we can put 50 to 60 thousand dollars cash on the table and build very nice houses and our families own them no loans. Before we get bombarded with comments about we do not own them this is no different if you have a house in the west which you own with the bank. If you divorce and have children in the relationship in all likelyhood she will end up with the house.

Thailand provides many westerners with a very good standard of living. Be aware and what yopu are getting into. Do not put all your eggs in one basket.

My biggest problem is how to give my son a "western" education and for him to retain his Asian family values.

In summary I like the film....It should be shown to all who marry girls from rural areas. Would it have changed my mind? no. Because I knew all this before I made my commitment.

Although what you said includes sweeping generalities, I have to agree with most of it. However, your comment that in the west following a divorce "in all likelyhood she will end up with the house' is quite misleading. It really depends upon the circumstances, and if you happened to own the house prior to the marriage, in all likelyhood she will NOT own the house.

Your last comment regarding your 'biggest problem' I, sad to say, will probably be facing in the future (my lukrung is not yet school age). I would be very interested to hear about how you have attempted to resolve this issue via PM if possible.

If you take the trouble to look at the youtube channel that this video is on you'll find that it's a general diatribe against Thai women in general. A quote:

"I am warning BRITISH MEN about the double-dealing and ghastly behaviour of Thai women who use dating and introductory/Marriage agencies.

All that these women want is your money. These women do not love you and never will.

It is all a big confidence trick.

The agencies are conning you.

The Thai girls are conning you.

Do not believe these evil scumbag women and Falang agency men, it is a conspiracy.

Once you have signed that marriage document all your money will disappear slowly.

The average divorce in the UK will cost you £15,000 and the rest (ancillary relief).

There are very few websites that warn (especially British men) from these evil doers.

Stickman Bangkok appears to be more truthful then others.

However be warned there are many UK VISA forum websites that encourage British men to marry and bring in foreign wives. Do not trust these biased forums as they are narrow-minded beyond belief."

thanks for posting that video..watched a few more as well..I'm stuck in farang land for a while, and the lovely Thai wife is out at a church function this evening. I would have been with her, but had a dentist appointment..TO ME..women are women.. Thai women are just happier,smaller, nicer, kinder, more shapely and sexier ( to me)...sshhhh..don't tell everyone

Please, stop picking on Thai women.

All the bad things said about them are true. But what about our stinking West?

The institution of marriage has outlived itself. 'Until the death us part' means now until one of two wants a divorce. But this is not a real problem. The real problems are many. And cut very deep. Women marry for money, security, family. Men marry for 'love', or rather lust. Women think with their heads, men - with their balls. And pay for this later.

There is no equality (never has been). Legally, women have more rights. Children are always awarded to them. Why? Houses are coming with the children. Sounds fair,... but how many of these are your own? Women have sex for better offspring. How many husbands do fit this bill genetically?

Men can not be, do or feel the same way. This is a biological fact. A man must feel 'lust' and have an erection. A woman does not. This explains why there are so many marriages for money, with statistics favouring women.

Anything else is crap, based on personal experiences, whether good or bad. :D

Can this situation be changed? Not the physiological aspects. The social ones? Perhaps. Introduce Marriage licencing. Valid for, say, 3 years. Renewable only upon both parties application. Remove children from the divorce disputes, by making all offspring of broken marriages wards of state. Introduce compulsory fair prenaptual contracts (maintaining 'status quo' at the point of marriage). And no maintenance to either party....

Questions. 1. How many people will want to marry on these conditions?

2. Do YOU want such changes?

3. What do the unemployed lawyers and judges do?

:):D:D To make this really short: REMOVE MONEY FROM SEX ISSUES!

Please, stop picking on Thai women.

All the bad things said about them are true. But what about our stinking West?

The institution of marriage has outlived itself. 'Until the death us part' means now until one of two wants a divorce. But this is not a real problem. The real problems are many. And cut very deep. Women marry for money, security, family. Men marry for 'love', or rather lust. Women think with their heads, men - with their balls. And pay for this later.

There is no equality (never has been). Legally, women have more rights. Children are always awarded to them. Why? Houses are coming with the children. Sounds fair,... but how many of these are your own? Women have sex for better offspring. How many husbands do fit this bill genetically?

Men can not be, do or feel the same way. This is a biological fact. A man must feel 'lust' and have an erection. A woman does not. This explains why there are so many marriages for money, with statistics favouring women.

Anything else is crap, based on personal experiences, whether good or bad. :D

Can this situation be changed? Not the physiological aspects. The social ones? Perhaps. Introduce Marriage licencing. Valid for, say, 3 years. Renewable only upon both parties application. Remove children from the divorce disputes, by making all offspring of broken marriages wards of state. Introduce compulsory fair prenaptual contracts (maintaining 'status quo' at the point of marriage). And no maintenance to either party....

Questions. 1. How many people will want to marry on these conditions?

2. Do YOU want such changes?

3. What do the unemployed lawyers and judges do?

:):D:D To make this really short: REMOVE MONEY FROM SEX ISSUES!

Right on!

While financial security is the primary reason Thai women pursue foreign men for marriage, there are some other motivations. Westerners tend to treat women better than Thai men, and are more faithful. Also, Thai women find white skin more beautiful than dark skin. They want their children to have lighter skin, as this is believed to be more beautiful in Thai society.

In thailand as in many other countries that do not have a social security "safety net" women will always marry for financial security,thai women will also look towards a thai man in the same way as they look towards western men for financial reasons and if and when the money runs out they will not stand by their man as they might do in the west where both parties can get welfare payments.

Its a shame but many of these films etc always er to the bad side of the country and not the good. I am british live in thailand and have been happily married to my Thai wife for 17 years with two children both been brought up speaking thai and English and went to UK schools tand still are to get Educted. She has never tried to conn me or extort money in any way. In fact i would say she is more frugal with money than most western women i know, we lived for 9 years in the UK. When you grow up not having much, i think you respect money more when you have it not in all cases i am sure. I am not saying all Thai women are like this by any means, i have met the guys in the bar with the old I bought her everything includaing a bar speach. But when your 55 and going out with an 18 year old get real. My Wife and I are only a year different age wise that probably helped. Yes she likes her Thai gold etc etc but no more than most. Thailand has allot of faults but more good things than bad i feel. Easy solution is dont marry a Thai and dont live here if you are so cheesed off with the place, as seems to be a common thread. We left Thailand for a few years and lived in Gabon and around west Africao with my Job, beleive me, Thai people have nothing when it commes to extortion compaired with some countries.

This should read why "dark issan girls marry foreign men", the university I go to in Bangkok has lots of very hot white skinned Thai/Chinese girls, they arn't interested in foreign men at all, and continually ask me why don't foreign men look for nicer girls, and a question I get asked almost daily, why do foreign men like dark skinned Issan girls? quite simply, down to market forces there isn't a lot of demand for Issan girls, a huge supply and they go out their way to try to land a foreign husband. I have a lot of male friends from Issan, they would all prefer white skinned girls, so basically all the girls who say "Thai men no good, I want Farang" what it really means is their are dark and bahn nork and no good Thai guy would have them

Thai men have little cocks!! Ha seriously they still beleive anybody with white skin is rich, stupid really as there are many farang countries poorer than thailand

When I first came to Thailand I like most foreigners only knew and saw the " bad girls " in Pattaya , Bangkok etc .

It wasn't until I became a teacher and moved into the country that I found most country folk are very nice and genuine.

Of course there are bad here too But they are easier to spot either by all their vulgar gold jewellery or the way they speak and act towards you

I am lucky I have a girl friend who does not like gold and both her and her family only want 100,000 Sinsod Which for a farang is very good Most of the greedy bastards want at least a million.

Thai people only see the farangs who have enough money for holidays in Thailand They never see the millions of farangs who do not have the money to come here.

So that is why they think we are all rich.

I took my ex-wife ( Thai ) to London and showed her all the homeless people sleeping rough on the streets. I said to her

" Are they millionaires too ? " She couldn't believe her eyes

This should read why "dark issan girls marry foreign men", the university I go to in Bangkok has lots of very hot white skinned Thai/Chinese girls, they arn't interested in foreign men at all, and continually ask me why don't foreign men look for nicer girls, and a question I get asked almost daily, why do foreign men like dark skinned Issan girls? quite simply, down to market forces there isn't a lot of demand for Issan girls, a huge supply and they go out their way to try to land a foreign husband. I have a lot of male friends from Issan, they would all prefer white skinned girls, so basically all the girls who say "Thai men no good, I want Farang" what it really means is their are dark and bahn nork and no good Thai guy would have them

I think you should spend some time in Issan and get to know the people here before you generalize so much !

I have met more bad girls in Bangkok than here, but some of my best female friends are in Bangkok.

Most Thai men want girls with money so they don't have to work for a living BUT Most Issan girls are farmers and come from poor backgrounds

whereas most city / Bangkok girls have good jobs and money in the bank

That is why Thai men want city girls

I can't get the whole link to work, bad connection but this is just another guy who has been burned in part by a scammer & in part by his own stupidity. I sometimes wonder why when something looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck someone will swear blind it's a peacock. !!

I think you should spend some time in Issan and get to know the people here before you generalize so much !

I have met more bad girls in Bangkok than here, but some of my best female friends are in Bangkok.

Most Thai men want girls with money so they don't have to work for a living BUT Most Issan girls are farmers and come from poor backgrounds

whereas most city / Bangkok girls have good jobs and money in the bank

That is why Thai men want city girls

Oh oh..and now out comes the all (oops.."most") Thai men are lazy and dont want to work one. Im sorry to be heavy on the sarcasm, but really!

Amazing that people who 'arn't interested in foreign men at all'............'continually ask'........... :D

As for dark skin........love it......but hey that is just me.......and when your girls who are not interested at all......ask again......you can tell them that at least one farang man doesn't mind bleached hair........but thinks bleached faces is going a bit far........ :)

This is the first part of a series I saw back in September, it's worth seeing the whole thing, especially when all the farang husbands participate in a Thai cultural quiz at a village show/ meeting.

Some of their prospective husbands don't sound too promising- 'He drinks 3 bottles of spirits a day and now he's in hospital so he cannot drink!!'

Some of the relationships work, some don't.

Thai men have little cocks!! Ha seriously they still beleive anybody with white skin is rich, stupid really as there are many farang countries poorer than thailand

What a load of crap!

1. Did you measure them?

2. In proportion to body size? Thai body size is smaller too.

3. They seem to manage to inseminate all girls under 20, leaving you to raise the kids.

4. It's not the size that matters.

Stop flattering yourself. :)