2010 Bike Weeks

ray23

Dear all,

After checking on www.bangkokmotorbikefestival.com, it seems that BKK Bike Fest on 28-31 Jan. is just for big motorbikes not for scooters as i like. Could you tell me where and when the scooter festivals to be holden on 2010 in BKK, i mean the bike festival is the same Yamaha Bike Festival where i can see many modified scooters as Honda AirBlade, Click or Yamaha Elegance etc.

Many thanks for your attention and help.

Safina

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear all,

After checking on www.bangkokmotorbikefestival.com, it seems that BKK Bike Fest on 28-31 Jan. is just for big motorbikes not for scooters as i like. Could you tell me where and when the scooter festivals to be holden on 2010 in BKK, i mean the bike festival is the same Yamaha Bike Festival where i can see many modified scooters as Honda AirBlade, Click or Yamaha Elegance etc.

Many thanks for your attention and help.

Safina

look at post 11

Dear Barry,

Thanks for your note but it seems that Thailand Scooter Jamboree 2nd is just for Vespa, Lambretta. I live in Vietnam. In my country, people like to use scooters like Honda AirBlade, Honda Click, Yamaha Nouvo 115 & 135cc, Yamaha Mio, etc. and so do I. I like modified scooters from Thailand and try to do like it. So if you have any information about motorcycle events according to my hobby, please let me know.

Thanks a lot

Safina

Dear Ray,

No way, Ray. In Vietnam, you have to pay about USD 2,070.00 for a Yamaha Nouvo Elegant 135cc, about USD 1,860.00 for a Honda AirBlade 110cc, about USD 6,500.00 for a Honda SH 150cc. They are favourite scooters in Vietnam. If you need a big bikes from 250cc and over/more, you must have at least USD 12,000.00. Besides the price of small scooters is suitable for people, most of the roads in Vietnam are short and narrow with traffic jam, so we just ride small motorcycles. I can say that Vietnam uses most motorcycles on the world but the price we have to pay for our motorcycle is also most expensive on the earth (with the same models, the same products). I can not explain why. I think it is just because the government wants to do that or their management is too bad. They do not care for the people. I am so boring with them.

Can you tell me when the scooter events are taken place? (like Yamaha Bike Festival)

Thanks

Safina

Dear Ray,

No way, Ray. In Vietnam, you have to pay about USD 2,070.00 for a Yamaha Nouvo Elegant 135cc, about USD 1,860.00 for a Honda AirBlade 110cc, about USD 6,500.00 for a Honda SH 150cc. They are favourite scooters in Vietnam. If you need a big bikes from 250cc and over/more, you must have at least USD 12,000.00. Besides the price of small scooters is suitable for people, most of the roads in Vietnam are short and narrow with traffic jam, so we just ride small motorcycles. I can say that Vietnam uses most motorcycles on the world but the price we have to pay for our motorcycle is also most expensive on the earth (with the same models, the same products). I can not explain why. I think it is just because the government wants to do that or their management is too bad. They do not care for the people. I am so boring with them.

Can you tell me when the scooter events are taken place? (like Yamaha Bike Festival)

Thanks

Safina

Sounds like Denmark :)

Recently one guy got a Harley in for $4500.00 With a Garnet and a guide. for a visit only. As I e recall the stay was for something like three weeks.

I will post the bike weeks as I see them, bikes a bike doesn't matter what size.

UPDATE: Note Change Chaiyahum

Bang Pakong Chonburi Loma Bike Week 23 January

Nagas Porker Run, Sat 23rd Jan 2010

Bangkok Bike Fest 28-31 January

http://www.bangkokmotorbikefestival.com/2010J/

Sam Phran Bike Week 6 February

Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thung Song, Saun Pruaksa Sirinthon 6 February

Pattaya/Burapa Bike Week 12-14 February

Hundred Eyes Bike Week (location??) 20 February

Chiang Mai Toy Ride 21 February

Suphanburi Bike Week 27 February

Chaiyaphum Rider 5th Party 28 February

Picked up a poster for Chaiyaphum Bike Night on the 27th of Febuary at the Lobo Party,

Prachuap Bike Week 27 March

Phuket Bike Week 9 -13 April

I guess you were accidentally correct then. Some of the money is for the required guide. Some is deposit, Requires a Garnet I don't think we can get that in Thailand. As I recall the rider was from elsewhere. To be honest sounded like a real adventure. But, I really didn't like the way the people sounded at all. The didnlt seem like or friendly Thai's rather then help they seemed o take real joy in seeing the foreigner in trouble.

I did notice something at the Lobos bike night that I hadn't seen before a club from Vientene Lao.

Never mind David it finally hit me I started it so I can edit the first post. So I will just do the updates here a they come in.

UPDATE

Bang Pakong Chonburi Loma Bike Week 23 January

Nagas Porker Run, Sat 23rd Jan 2010

Bangkok Bike Fest 28-31 January

http://www.bangkokmotorbikefestival.com/2010J/

Sam Phran Bike Week 6 February

Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thung Song, Saun Pruaksa Sirinthon 6 February

Pattaya/Burapa Bike Week 12-14 February

Hundred Eyes Bike Week (location??) 20 February

Chiang Mai Toy Ride 21 February

Suphanburi Bike Week 27 February

Chaiyaphum Rider 5th Party 27 February

Prachuap Bike Week 27 March

Phuket Bike Week 9 -13 April

Anyone heard anything about the Korat Bike Week on the 29th of Jan?

Soeng Sang Jan 30th

Directions form Udon, best guess this is a really small event

Leave Udon Thani

Display map

3.5 km

3.5 km 00h06

Take 22

Display map

2 km

5.5 km 00h07

Turn left: Nittayo

Display map

0.2 km

5.5 km 00h07

Turn right: 2

Display map

301 km

45 mph speed limit 8 km 00h09

30 mph speed limit for 0.3 km 8 km 00h09

Pass by Non Sung 19 km 00h19

Pass by Khon Kaen 117 km 01h38

You've been driving for almost 2 hours, take a break!

You've been driving for almost 2 hours, take a break!

307 km 04h13

Pass Nakhon Ratchasima

Display map

8 km

Continue along: 2 / Mittraphap (3 km)

Turn left: 224 (5 km)

Exit Nakhon Ratchasima

315 km 04h22

Take 224

Display map

27 km

342 km 04h45

Turn left: 24

Display map

42 km

30 mph speed limit for 0.5 km 342 km 04h45

Pass by Nong Bun Naki 364 km 05h04

384 km 05h21

Close to Nong Ki, Take 2317

Display map

31 km

415 km 05h52

Arrive in Soeng Sang

Display map

1.9 km

417 km 05h55

Destination: Soeng Sang, centre

Display map

417 km 05h55

• 3 weeks later...

I missed the January 2010 Motor Bike Festival in BKK.

Does anyone know when the next one is for BKK?

2011? Or is this asking too far ahead?

I am solely interested in Harley Davidson.

So if there is anything Harley happening in BKK...

Anyone knows something about a 'bike event' in Nan presumably on 26/27. 3. 2010

thanks for all further hints

Anybody know of a bike event in Ubon next month??

Unfortunately no info available regarding these 2 events. However, March is busy down south:

1. Nai Harn Beach Phuket - Classic Bike Show - March 11th and 12th. More info HERE .

2. Khao Lak Bike Fest - March 13th and 14th. For more info contact: Damon +668 3389 8447

3. Phattalung Bike Fest - March 21st. For more details cobtact: Tiew +668 1543 7569 or Koy +668 4747 8762

4. Prachuap Riders Bike Party - March 27th

Anyone knows something about a 'bike event' in Nan presumably on 26/27. 3. 2010

thanks for all further hints

Anybody know of a bike event in Ubon next month??

Unfortunately no info available regarding these 2 events. However, March is busy down south:

1. Nai Harn Beach Phuket - Classic Bike Show - March 11th and 12th. More info HERE .

2. Khao Lak Bike Fest - March 13th and 14th. For more info contact: Damon +668 3389 8447 CANCELLED

3. Phattalung Bike Fest - March 21st. For more details cobtact: Tiew +668 1543 7569 or Koy +668 4747 8762

4. Prachuap Riders Bike Party - March 27th

Just spoke to Damon, one of the co-organizers of Khao Lak event - show has been cancelled due to lack of funds.

• 3 weeks later...