Bus Fares Pattaya Phom Pehn

flakes

Dear all,

I like to go next week by bus from pattaya to cambodia phome pehn,what i understand is that thai busses can not enter cambodia? but still there msut be some kind of a transport arrangement?do anyone know where i can book such bustickets.

If you must go by bus it wont be convenient or that comfortable.

Air Asia isnt that expensive and you are there in no time.

But by bus :-

1. You need to get a GREY and ORANGE coloured bus ( NUMBER 99 )

which goes along Sukhumvit Road to TRAT bus station.( cost about 200 baht ) and about 4-5 hours

2. At Trat bus station hop into a silver coloured mini bus to the HAT LEK border ( cost about 120 baht ) and about 1.5 hours

3 After Cambodian immigration get a taxi into the town - ( cost about 3 US dollars ) and about 15 minutes

4. In the town I only think ( I am not sure you can then get a bus to Phnom Penh but I dont know the cost or time

because I have usually taken the ferry to SIHANOUKVILLE ( cost about 3 US dollars ) and about 4 hours.

From SIHANOUKVILLE I know there are several buses daily to PP.

That is why IMO Air Asia would be better if you are going to PP and not SIHANOUKVILLE.

Ok thanks for u complete information,yes i will take your advice i will now fly to phom pehn stay there for a couple of days ,then after that take the bus to sihanoukville stay there a couple of days ,and after this take the boat to hat lek border and after the border in trad take the bus back to pattaya ..this probably the best choice i have..

quote name='thaijasmine' date='2009-12-13 20:06:01' post='3200444

If you must go by bus it wont be convenient or that comfortable.

Air Asia isnt that expensive and you are there in no time.

But by bus :-

1. You need to get a GREY and ORANGE coloured bus ( NUMBER 99 )

which goes along Sukhumvit Road to TRAT bus station.( cost about 200 baht ) and about 4-5 hours

2. At Trat bus station hop into a silver coloured mini bus to the HAT LEK border ( cost about 120 baht ) and about 1.5 hours

3 After Cambodian immigration get a taxi into the town - ( cost about 3 US dollars ) and about 15 minutes

4. In the town I only think ( I am not sure you can then get a bus to Phnom Penh but I dont know the cost or time

because I have usually taken the ferry to SIHANOUKVILLE ( cost about 3 US dollars ) and about 4 hours.

From SIHANOUKVILLE I know there are several buses daily to PP.

That is why IMO Air Asia would be better if you are going to PP and not SIHANOUKVILLE.

Ok thanks for u complete information,yes i will take your advice i will now fly to phom pehn stay there for a couple of days ,then after that take the bus to sihanoukville stay there a couple of days ,and after this take the boat to hat lek border and after the border in trad take the bus back to pattaya ..this probably the best choice i have..

Yes I have made that journey the other way around i.e. returning from PP by air.

By the way i should have typed $20 US ( or you can pay in Baht - last time it was 600) for the ferry trip from Sihanoukville to Hat Lek.

Its a fast boat and in the dry season its a fun trip because the sea is not too choppy. :)

You can sit outside on the top of the boat if you want.

Have a good trip.

Edited by thaijasmine

I don't know about Phnom Penh direct but there is a small travel booth in soi 13 (right hand side just past the Lek back entrance heading away from 2nd) that advertises bus to Siem Reap. Cost was 1600 Baht when I enquired but the idea of such a trip in a minibus is not my idea of fun. From there you can get a VIP bus to PP, cost about $12, travel time circa 7 hours. Done the trip PP to SR and it was okay, best buses are a company with the name something like Reaksmey, can't quite remember.