How to buy Sor Bor Kor titled land?

I have been offered a piece of land under the Sor Bor Kor title. This land cannot be sold or leased. Owner changes are only possible if stated in a testament or last will.

But it can be mortgaged.

The vendor offered a mortgage deal. If he can't pay back the mortgage after 6 month, he will transfer the land to my Thai wife.

Anybody out there who has experience in dealing with Sor Bor Kor titles?

Can there be something like a transfer at all (obviously there must be a way if it can be legally mortgaged)?

Aliens, share your knowledge!

Gerhard

As i understand it, Sor Bor Kor land can not be transfered or sold.

That it can be mortaged is strange, because when somebody can not pay it surely must be transfered. I am very puzzled too.

I checked this myself for a long time and i did not find a solid answer. Also not from a lawyer (probably the wrong one) that specializes in landtitles.

As i understand it, Sor Bor Kor land can not be transfered or sold.

That it can be mortaged is strange, because when somebody can not pay it surely must be transfered. I am very puzzled too.

I checked this myself for a long time and i did not find a solid answer. Also not from a lawyer (probably the wrong one) that specializes in landtitles.

Sor. Por. Kor 4-01 refers to land allotted by the Land Reform Committee. Land with this documentation cannot be bought or sold, and may only be transferred to the direct heirs of the person who holds it.

It is not possible for anyone to buy, lease or build on Sor Por Kor land. If the land is Sor Por Kor, do not even consider it.