Evening 'entertainment' In Cr

sk1max

I'm sure you understand that for the vast majority of farangs have very limited knowledge of what they speak. They have no notion of the prevalence of northern girls employed in the much larger segment of the nightlife around the country.

With the cream of the crop shipping off to the big city, looking for a better class of clientele, those left in the Rai don't represent well for their more successful sisters. If one were interested in Chiang Rai girls, you would find much prettier ones living in Bangkok.

So as one astute punter suggested, why not bring one with you. She might enjoy a visit to her home.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is just too ^%$#* hilarious. We have folks here who married bar girls slagging off someone coming on a holiday with hopes of getting lucky. We have "I never paid for it" playboys who have converted to white knightism making dire warnings about how future visitors had better behave.

But what takes the cake is trying(?) to dis-associate Chiang Rai with nightlife:

As others have mentioned, CR isn't exactly the first name that's blurted out when people talk about prostitution in Thailand.*

Actually, it often is .. especially among Thais. Chiang Rai has supplied more than a fair (?) share of their damsel population to the nightlife industry all over Thailand. Northern women, especially CR women, are sought after for their beauty, light skin .. and their parents' willingness to sell them into the nightlife industry.

For those who feel the need to defend their wives and family from the mere thought of ... perhaps a glance in the mirror and an honest recollection of their own past is in order.

Just as Thailand, Chiang Rai is what it is .. and no amount of chest thumping, flag waving and lance wielding will change that.

Edit: [*]No attack on Beacher, just to make a point.

I understand that's it's no attack, and I don't take it the way, but I'm sure almost everybody could see what I meant about it not being mentioned is that it's not the place people think to go when looking for some feminine companionship. Anybody who has talked to even a few bar girls in Pattaya, Patpong, etc. quickly learn that the answer from a bar girl to the question, "Where are you from?" will usually get the answer "Isaan". And yes, I know CR is not in Isaan, but it's in Northern Thailand. so we can quickly see that a very high percentage of BG's working in BKK or Pattaya come from the north of the country.

I've got admit that I haven't chatted up a BG in a long time, but thinking about it now, when I was much more active at the Pattaya bars years ago, I rarely recall hearing any other answer to the question than "Isaan". So, my impression is that there may be many BG's working in BBK from CR but not many in Pattaya.

I understand that's it's no attack, and I don't take it the way, but I'm sure almost everybody could see what I meant about it not being mentioned is that it's not the place people think to go when looking for some feminine companionship. Anybody who has talked to even a few bar girls in Pattaya, Patpong, etc. quickly learn that the answer from a bar girl to the question, "Where are you from?" will usually get the answer "Isaan". And yes, I know CR is not in Isaan, but it's in Northern Thailand. so we can quickly see that a very high percentage of BG's working in BKK or Pattaya come from the north of the country.

I've got admit that I haven't chatted up a BG in a long time, but thinking about it now, when I was much more active at the Pattaya bars years ago, I rarely recall hearing any other answer to the question than "Isaan". So, my impression is that there may be many BG's working in BBK from CR but not many in Pattaya.

No no no…Chiang Rai and Isaan are not one and the same. Not even close. You will get yourself in no end of trouble trying to say they are. Different looks, language, food, customs. There is strong regional and class identification in Thailand and you still have a lot to learn. Put you foot in it big time.

Edited by villagefarang

No no no…Chiang Rai and Isaan are not one and the same. Not even close. You will get yourself in no end of trouble trying to say they are. Different language, food, customs. There is strong regional and class identification in Thailand and you still have a lot to learn. Put you foot in it big time.

LOL Can you not read?!?!?!?!?

I said I know CR is NOT in Isaan. Take a little time to absorb the info before you start hammering away on the keyboard. I simply said that they're both in Northern Thailand. There is nothing in my statement that should give the impression that I'm comparing their customs and culture with similarity.

Sheesh, this forum can be discouraging!!!!

No no no…Chiang Rai and Isaan are not one and the same. Not even close. You will get yourself in no end of trouble trying to say they are. Different language, food, customs. There is strong regional and class identification in Thailand and you still have a lot to learn. Put you foot in it big time.

I said I know CR is NOT in Isaan. Take a little time to absorb the info before you start hammering away on the keyboard. I simply said that they're both in Northern Thailand. There is nothing in my statement that should give the impression that I'm comparing their customs and culture with similarity.

They are not Northern Thailand. The are north of Bangkok but Isaan is east, CM and CR are north. BGs are indeed Isaan but the CR girls work elsewhere. The areas are not the same and cannot be lumped into Northern Thailand. They are very different regions. Just try telling a CR girl that she is the same or comes from the same place as an Isaan girl and see how far that gets you.

Edited by villagefarang

It surely can. Sometimes it gets a bit pedantic, most times a lot defensive. I have had more than one "solid farang citizen" of CR invite me by post and by PM to leave this forum. But I have had also had a few invites for a brewski.

Many CR old timers know how much BS opinion gets strewn around on this forum .. and probably have snickering fits at some of the posts.

Much of what people post here depends on how well they have their heads screwed on .. or how fragile are their egos. :)

Just try telling a CR girl that she is the same or comes from the same place as an Isaan girl and see how far that gets you.

One girl tending bar in CM claimed to be a "northern" girl, but I had my doubts so asked if she understood "saleet dok". She said "yes", but there was no other reaction. Meanwhile another girl at the bar went into fits of giggles. Guess which was really from Khon Kaen?

That can be a great ice breaker .. or can get one in trouble. :)

They are not Northern Thailand. The are north of Bangkok but Isaan is east, CM and CR are north. BGs are indeed Isaan but the CR girls work elsewhere. The areas are not the same and cannot be lumped into Northern Thailand. They are very different regions. Just try telling a CR girl that she is the same or comes from the same place as an Isaan girl and see how far that gets you.

Incredibly pendantic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

But it could be that I see things differently as I'm in my early 30's and still able to attract a girl without using $, I guess if I was old, bald and fat then I would need to pay for sex too.

Then my guess is that you must be (a) able to speak the language and (B) resident for long enough to offer the prospect of a relationship of greater than one or two nights' duration. The average SWM tourist meets neither of those two criteria and so a transfer of cash is available as an alternative which both parties to the liaison find acceptable. Perfectly harmless (if not positively symbiotic), provided that the individuals involved are careful and treat each other kindly.

LOL

At least get the word right and don't make up one of your own. (pedantic)

LOL

Just a test to see how pedantic you are, and you really are amazing.

Do you crawl trough ALL the posts looking for typos???

LOL

Edited by Beacher

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Are you not aware that there are 'normal' bars/clubs here too just like in America, Australia, England, Canada, France etc etc? Where do you think the vast majority of Thai's go when they want to have fun, the go-go bars and bars full of bar-girls? Every town/city in Thailand has bars and clubs with the main patrons being your normal, everyday Thai. The Uni students, Toyota dealership employees, bank staff etc etc also like to go out and enjoy themselves and if you go to the same places they go to then that is where you can meet like-minded people who have a relationship, whether a one-night stand or longer, based on being attracted to you rather than because you pay them. It was not a rarity for me when I was single in Lampang, Korat, or Khon Khaen where I used to live, and it's not been a rarity for friends who have visited me since I moved to Chiang Rai. Maybe it would be a rarity if you frequented bars where the girls who work there require payment to keep you company for a night but not if you go to the same sort of places you would go to in your own country. I know there are places which attract sex tourists like Pattaya as there are thousands of sex workers there but if more people come to CR and are willing to pay for sex then it won't be long before CR has more of those types of bars which I'd rather didn't happen. What's wrong with that? If you lived in a small town in Canada or America would you want lot's of bars opening up with bar girls selling themselves and lot's of people visiting your town solely for the purpose of paying for sex? It's just another sad example of how many people see Thailand as basically one big brothel, don't see anything wrong with the increasing amount of sex tourists coming here and think that every Thai female is for sale. But it could be that I see things differently as I'm in my early 30's and still able to attract a girl without using $, I guess if I was old, bald and fat then I would need to pay for sex too. And village farang <//deleted by Admin//>, you needn't worry about my wife, she's 25 and very beautiful which is perhaps why I was approached and asked about her, I'd concentrate on your silly blog rather than make daft comments on here!

Well more power to you if you're one of those guys that has had Thai girls throwing themselves at you.

I take it in all of your time in Thailand that you have never had a massage with extra's, taken home a

freelancer or taken a girl from a bar who expected some "taxi money"?

I wonder, personal circumstances aside like marriage, religion etc how, many single guys who have spent

a decent amount of time in Thailand, can "hand on heart' say they have never partaken. It would be very

few I'd suggest.

So, you're saying you have friends who come here and have one night stands and that's ok?

But it's not if one of them went to a bar and took home a girl who wanted some "tea money"?

And by your standards, your friends only pick up locals as well?

To be honest, I don't know why it bothers you. You're being naive if you think single guys who

visit CR (a huge province) are not going to go out to a bar area once in a while. And don't try and

compare Thailand to Canada and America.....apples and oranages.

I live in CR also. If you don't like it don't go, it's that easy. But don't slag others off just because

you don't want to go.

And this comment isn't directed at you, but I find it amsuing to say the least that the majority of

posters seem to be married to "good, educated girls with rich parents". In my previous employment,

I had to deal with a lot of farangs and Thai's and needless to say, it was not common. Unless there

is money (or celebrity) involved, 6's marry 6's, 8 marry 8's and so on. So guys who marry stunning

Thai's many years younger and say it's not for money, visa or other matters are in Disneyland.

Not that's there's anything wrong with that BTW.

Regards

Will

LOL

LOL

But you win villagefarang! It's your kind of idiotic and silly behaviour that makes this forum very unpleasant, so this WILL BE my last post ever.

No need reply with one of your asinine comments because I won't even bother logging in again to see it.

LOL

Edited by Beacher

Is a man who pays a woman for sex and promises her nothing less worthy than one who preys on receptionists and shop girls, promises them love, or even marriage, and eventually gives them nothing?

Who mentioned empty promises or preying? It's no different here to when you were a young pup growing up in ********, you go out and if you meet someone you find attractive and who also finds you attractive then you can have a good time together whether it's for one night, one week or one month. If it doesn't work out then mai bpen rai, I have ended relationships here and I've been dumped myself by Thai girls but I am now happily married, very much in love and hope it stays that way.

You're a bit thin skinned aren't you? Never fear, I'll rewrite it as "Is a man, not including sausage, etc etc..."

No, water off a duck's back actually it's just that I'm the only person who's pointed out the fact that there are other girls here in Thailand other than BG's and even mentioned shop girls etc in my posts so I presumed you were replying to me, sorry if I was mistaken. But as it seems everyone has already formed an opinion about Thai females as a whole and considers them all to be the same then it doesn't matter and I'll be on my merry way.

Edited by sausage3

LOL

LOL

But you win villagefarang! It's your kind of idiotic and silly behaviour that makes this forum very unpleasant, so this WILL BE my last post ever.

No need reply with one of your asinine comments because I won't even bother logging in again to see it.

LOL

Well better "pedantic", than inaccurate and misinformed. Must we always dumb it down and make things up as we go? Must we resort to vulgar outbursts that get the mods out, when others disagree? A little thrust and parry is entertaining and good exercise for the grey matter. Civility seems a lost art. :)

He's left, denying us the further pleasure of his company, BUT

Let it be known that although, in practice, I met my wife in a bar, she was actually a very high born lady on her way to a swimming party (which explained the bikini) at the royal palace and had got lost so popped into the bar to use the phone.

What was I doing in there? Drinking of course....

I would like to thank the youngster with the 3 inch sausage for plugging my silly blog.

:):D:D

I'm glad you liked that.

I did, shame you didn't like my jovial alteration of your name and had to go crying to the mods even though you had done similar in previous posts. You can dish it out but you can't take it VF but you'd best get used to it because if anyone clicks on the link you've posted to your blog you may get some more feedback that you aren't too keen on.

Edited by sausage3

I would like to thank the youngster with the 3 inch sausage for plugging my silly blog.

:):D:D

I'm glad you liked that.

I did, shame you didn't like my jovial alteration of your name and had to go crying to the mods even though you had done similar in previous posts. You can dish it out but you can't take it VF but you'd best get used to it because if anyone clicks on the link you've posted to your blog you may get some more feedback that you aren't too keen on.

I was actually quite put out that I missed all the excitement. It was gone well before I read your post.

Here you go again, showcasing yet other character flaws, of paranoia and vindictiveness.

But as it seems everyone has already formed an opinion about Thai females as a whole and considers them all to be the same then it doesn't matter and I'll be on my merry way.

It didn't seem that way when I read this topic. Where did anyone talk about "Thai females as a whole"? Every Thai female I know is pretty much an individual. But maybe some of the old, fat, bald, ugly guys have known more Thai women than you have.

But as it seems everyone has already formed an opinion about Thai females as a whole and considers them all to be the same then it doesn't matter and I'll be on my merry way.

It didn't seem that way when I read this topic. Where did anyone talk about "Thai females as a whole"? Every Thai female I know is pretty much an individual. But maybe some of the old, fat, bald, ugly guys have known more Thai women than you have.

You make a good point there, as we can only speak to our own experience, and to try and generalize that to "Thai females as a whole", is quite foolhardy. More often than not people end up labeling themselves when they try to generalize too much. To each his own, however. If a guy wants to make a fool of himself, who am I to stop him.